More information please

mustang5o

Established Member
OK so I'm trying to gather as much information as I can in the next few (busy-as-hell) days to decide if I want this car. For a little more background see my other thread http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/959427-new-v-used.html

The car I'm most interested in is a 2004 Mystichrome Convertible that is bone stock with 13,000 miles. During nice weather it's going to be somewhat of a daily driver (it will never see rain, snow, ice or salt if I can help it). I can get the car for $25,500. Would you consider that a good deal?

If I keep the car completely stock, do they run 91 or 93 octane? I just noticed a gas station I was at today had 10% ethanol in their 91, is that normal?

If I decide to do any modding I'd probably want to keep it simple so likely no porting of blower or after market blowers. Just a pulley, CAI, exhaust and tune. Plus IRS bracing/bushings and maybe a new shifter. Would should I expect to pay for that kind of setup? Does that sound about right for something that will get about 5k-6k miles a year from Spring to Fall? At that point are we talking 93 octane all the time or is there a good 91 octane tune that does well in the 450rwhp area? Guess with a vert I should add some chassis support as well.

Any general maintenance issues or common problems I haven't read about yet?

Thanks again for all the help. considering the small overall number of these cars this site has a great community and great support.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I can't answer all of your questions but 25.5k is a good deal. better grab it before its gone.

You will be fine running 93 or 91. Obviously 93 is better and I would run it as much as possible. For the most part all gas stations now are carrying fuel with 10% ethanol, just a sign of the times.

Users who are viewing this thread