More hp? Vortech or Nitrous

simpsvt97

"SNAKE"
Established Member
Wanted to ask the guys here what they are making with a Vortech setup and guys with a Nitrous setup...i really want a S/C but the money is looking a lil slim...i was told with a good tune a 125 shot would make more at the wheels than a S-Trim setup...i have stock internals for now

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
You can definately make more HP and tq with nitrous because it doesnt use any additional drag like a supercharger belt does. The power comes aggressively and you will most likely lose alot of it through wheelspin. If you really want a s/c then the nitrous is not going to make you happy. The power is only there with the push of a button. Seems like its not so bad, but then again noone ever knows that your car is quick because itll sound stock. May be nice for some people, but when you hear that s/c whistling from under the hood people take notice. You just cant replace that sound. Everytime you hear another guy with a s/c youll wish you had one..... Get you a nice used kit. My vortech kit has 8000 miles on it, and its costing me around $1300 done and tuned.... I should have went supercharged in the first place because thats around how much I have put into my nitrous system, and im still not satisfied. I drove an 03 cobra for a week and the power just pulls like crazy. Put n20 on the GT and it wasnt near as fun as the blown cobra.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Whizzle said:
a s/c kit will pay for itself if you run 2-3 bottles a week for a while

and they have these really cool things like pulley swaps!!

simpsvt97

"SNAKE"
Established Member
Yea...well i found a used kit for 1600 and it ended up being a rip off...paid the guy and never got the kit...filed a claim with paypal but he had took all the money out of the account so they couldnt do anything....ive filed a police report so hopefully i can get my money back....i just found a S-trim headunit for around 450 bucks....im planning on doing a dyno tune and all so what all would i need to make the kit work since i would just have the headunit?......i dont wanna pay 1900 for a brand new base line kit that vortech sells

GTstangfiveoh

Established Member
1300 tuned is a steal, nice.

LS1Killer said:
You can definately make more HP and tq with nitrous because it doesnt use any additional drag like a supercharger belt does. The power comes aggressively and you will most likely lose alot of it through wheelspin. If you really want a s/c then the nitrous is not going to make you happy. The power is only there with the push of a button. Seems like its not so bad, but then again noone ever knows that your car is quick because itll sound stock. May be nice for some people, but when you hear that s/c whistling from under the hood people take notice. You just cant replace that sound. Everytime you hear another guy with a s/c youll wish you had one..... Get you a nice used kit. My vortech kit has 8000 miles on it, and its costing me around $1300 done and tuned.... I should have went supercharged in the first place because thats around how much I have put into my nitrous system, and im still not satisfied. I drove an 03 cobra for a week and the power just pulls like crazy. Put n20 on the GT and it wasnt near as fun as the blown cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread