MORE from the Contour!

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Geesh, I guess I am a magnet for these now..

Got the privilage of running against an S2000 on my usual route. i pull up to the light, and he rushes up on it, and hits the brakes hard, slightly chirpin the tires. i give the minivan rev, and he responds with a few quick mean sounding ones. i was thinkin "man this guy is gonna screw my streak over" but anyways i decided to give him his money's worth. Light hits green, I shoot off like usual, but oh oh mr. 4 banger has a lil bit of bogging. aww thats too bad. by the time i hit third at 65mph he was a goner. i thought those things were "all top end"

next up, one of those damn S10 extremes...neverless not worth talking about as I fed him exhaust.

late model integra with the "cool" blue lights tried to run with me, but i had to turn to go to my house. prolly woulda spanked him too..

ahhh well off to bed :D

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
:lol: YEAh them S2000 are fast if you can get a professional driver berhind the wheel. :lol: Little POS has NO bottom end and has to make power at 8000 RPM. By the time he got there you were in Texas. ;-)

LogiWorld123

Established Member
his car did lurch really high into this band though. kinda weird. honda has it all backwards in torque/hp

jlowitz

Established Member
hell, I ran against an s2000 when they first came out in my 5.0 mountaineer, and yes, he beat me, and beat me good, but he didn't start putting lengths on me until about 45 mph or so.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
yea look at the preludes. light light light.

lol. wouldnt be so fast if they had some meat on dem bones.

ONESWEETSVT

Established Member
s2000

nice car but if do not know how to drive a vtec then youll lose. that car can run about 14.0 stock. to drive that car right you have to launch at 8000rpm, so that your v tec is kicking in about 4500 or 6000rpm. havd a 91 integra with a 95 gsr motor(1.8 V-TEC 180 hpstock) with cluth intake exhaust. ran 14.5 stock. one fast stock rice i spanked on stangs at ont, races all the time for $$$$.but it is only a honda so that why i know have a csvt and ss camero!!

Tim Bindon

Established Member
Re: s2000

Originally posted by ONESWEETSVT
havd a 91 integra with a 95 gsr motor(1.8 V-TEC 180 hpstock) with cluth intake exhaust. ran 14.5 stock. one fast stock rice i spanked on stangs at ont, races all the time for $$$$.but it is only a honda so that why i know have a csvt and ss camero!!

Was that gsr motor out of a Suzuki GSXR? Those things put down some serious power, I didn't know they had 180hp.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Re: Re: s2000

Originally posted by Tim Bindon

Was that gsr motor out of a Suzuki GSXR? Those things put down some serious power, I didn't know they had 180hp.

No he is talking about the engine that came in the Integra GSR. It's all about power to weight always will be.

Tim Bindon

Established Member
Yeah, i'm always confusing those "hot" ricer engines for motorcyle engines... maybe it's the way they sound, or the amount of power they make, or maybe it's because they're all crap-4-banger-no-torque-producing-scrap-metal.

jlowitz

Established Member
Originally posted by Tim Bindon
Yeah, i'm always confusing those "hot" ricer engines for motorcyle engines... maybe it's the way they sound, or the amount of power they make, or maybe it's because they're all crap-4-banger-no-torque-producing-scrap-metal.

The japanese engineers used the same technology behind those high output motorcycle engines when they designed the engines for the rice-burners. I read that's the basic theory behind that vvt-i crap in toyota engines, and it's also why they get 240 hp out of 2.0L in the s2000.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
vvt-i

variable valve timing-intelligent

the contour has this.. prolly not the "intelligent" portion, but variable valve timing. 2.5L putting out 200 hp. Max HP at almost 6500 RPM's. The Honda puts out the full 240 at 7000 or so.

kinda the problem with little engines. gotta pretty much grenade them to get them up and goin.

There is no replacement for displacement

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
there is a guy at work with an intergra. a few mods...lightened flywheel exhaust, and i think intake...he beats the living hell outta that thing. I always wondered how I'd fair against him in the 'Cart. You guys think I could take him??

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
What cracks me up is how many of the import engines head designs are based on the classic Hemi design. But they are supposed to be so advanced, then why are you using 60's American design heads. :coolman:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
there is a guy at work with an intergra. a few mods...lightened flywheel exhaust, and i think intake...he beats the living hell outta that thing. I always wondered how I'd fair against him in the 'Cart. You guys think I could take him??
Absolutely!

Danny Shamblin

Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
What kind of integra,RS,GS,GSRorType R.The TYPE R will give you a hell of a run.Bout like a Prelude.Course you probably already know that.

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
actually I don't know what it was...but doesn't matter, he made his mom make the dealership buy it back after two years...how do you that I don't know. But because it 'broke' all the time. and I know why..I mean from once it was started it was WOT or nothign!!

Originally posted by Danny Shamblin
What kind of integra,RS,GS,GSRorType R.The TYPE R will give you a hell of a run.Bout like a Prelude.Course you probably already know that.

Users who are viewing this thread