More Exhaust ??'s

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Anyone here have a 94 -95 GT, I'm trying to find out what the best sounding exhaust combo is for it.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I have a friend with a '94 GT. He has a MAC off road h (plain h, not prochamber) and the MAC cat-back. It sounds very good, and very loud. Probably even louder than mine. Hearing his turned me onto MAC. I haven't heard any others on those two year models.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
hillie, sorry I forgot you had to have cats...

Anyway, MAC does make a high flow cat h-pipe. In fact, I think it only uses two cats, as opposed to your four-cat setup you have now. (Still legal). I don't know anyone personally who has the high flow cats, but I'm sure you will notice a little performance boost, along with sound. FYI, in '96 when the 4.6 came out, they added two more cats for a total of six!

I have had my Prochamber on two weeks now, and almost 1500 miles. Still no "check engine" light.

Hitman 2k1

Established Member
Boy ain't that the truth. We put a 96 up on the lift to do exhaust work on it and saw six cats and our jaws dropped.. only need two to be legal though BWUHAHAHHAHAHA!

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Originally posted by Hitman 2k1
Boy ain't that the truth. We put a 96 up on the lift to do exhaust work on it and saw six cats and our jaws dropped.. only need two to be legal though BWUHAHAHHAHAHA!

Six cats. Isn't that kind of ridiculus? They have to be pretty darn restrictive between the six of them.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Hey Zach, thanks for that colorful complement. LOL

Actually for some reason there's still only four O2 sensors. Two behind and two in front of the cats.

Don't ask me why......

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Can't help you a whole lot on the 'legal' ehxaust, cuz it sux! :D

I've got a buddy with a '95 GT and MAC exhaust. Equal shorties, off-road X-pipe, and cat-back. The car just sounds pissed off! Sounds really nice, the X has a different sound than the H's (like mine). Now that I've axed the tail pipes in favor of dumps, mine sounds just that much meaner too.

The cats (even hi-flow) will quiet the exhaust down obviously.
And it is said that the X-pipes will be a little quieter than an H-pipe, least with cats. Food for thought.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
in my experience with a friends 94 gt, he went from having shorty headers, off road h, and two chamber flows, to long tubes, short catted h, and the same flows, and i think the car sounds a WHOLE lot better. not as loud, but a LOT meaner.

I only had hooker shorties and stock h and 2 chambers on my 95, and it sounded pretty good. aftermarket h or x makes a HUGE difference in sound.

01blkL

Established Member
More Exhaust???

I have BBK long tubes, BBK H-pipe and Mac cat back exhaust. You will not have to worry about people thinking you have flow masters. These things sound FLAT OUT AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!! Just figured I would add my thoughts.
Jamie
12.19 at 118
1995 GT

Users who are viewing this thread