more Cobra resto!

01SVT2894

Established Member
in this pic, you can see the yellow showing where the paint has chipped on the side skirt, behind the wheel...
93cobra2.jpg

so, i knocked that out. the paint is pretty bad on alot of the car, but this was like sore thumb to me, so... here we go...
93cobra50.jpg

93cobra51.jpg

93cobra52.jpg

93cobra53.jpg

93cobra54.jpg

93cobra55.jpg

93cobra58.jpg

it came out looking very nice.

I also started working the interior pretty good...
when i bought it...
93cobra5.jpg

93cobra30.jpg

93cobra59.jpg

and now... (the pass door armrest has been replaced, just didn't take a pic yet)
93cobra60.jpg

93cobra61.jpg

93cobra62.jpg

thoughts?:beer:

1993R

Established Member
Dump the seat and gets some aftermarkets. It will cost you a bunch to fix them and you could be sitting in some nice Recaros for the same money. Get some new carpet for only a couple of bills.

speed3198

BEWARE the Jabberwocky!!
Established Member
forget that! put in a set of termi seats. I did mine and the car shrinks around you and fits like a glove!!

02_Lightning

Established Member
You may also want to swap the tires and wheels from side to side. In your pictures, they are on the wrong sides of the car... unless you got 4 left side wheels.

01SVT2894

Established Member
forget that! put in a set of termi seats. I did mine and the car shrinks around you and fits like a glove!!
dude, i want to... but i can't afford that shit. mofos want like 2G for them shits. :nonono:

You may also want to swap the tires and wheels from side to side. In your pictures, they are on the wrong sides of the car... unless you got 4 left side wheels.
here is the deal with this...
swapping the wheels is what i was going to do the very first second i got the car in my garage... but, the car has directional tires on it! not to mention the fact that every single tire is different from one another. so, i have some tire issues to work out before i can swap the rims. :(

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
Looks like you got some work ahead of you. car looks solid. I need to do that paint to my gt as it is chipping of where yours was.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Pull the carpet out of the Cobra....

Soak it in upholestry cleaner. I use the product called "Tuff Stuff" or somewhat diluted "simple Green" , scrub the cleaners in good. Then pressure wash the carpet until the water running out of it is clear/clean. Then HANG the carpet up to dry in the sun for a day. If you don't have a pressure washer then go to a car wash at night when they are slow and do it there. You will be amazed how clean the carpet will come out, as long as you rinse it until the water running of is clear.

The aftermarket carpet sold by all the resto places is crap. It does not fit well, the texture is wrong and it just looks cheap in person. Clean and reuse the original if it not actually torn.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Pull the carpet out of the Cobra....

Soak it in upholestry cleaner. I use the product called "Tuff Stuff" or somewhat diluted "simple Green" , scrub the cleaners in good. Then pressure wash the carpet until the water running out of it is clear/clean. Then HANG the carpet up to dry in the sun for a day. If you don't have a pressure washer then go to a car wash at night when they are slow and do it there. You will be amazed how clean the carpet will come out, as long as you rinse it until the water running of is clear.

The aftermarket carpet sold by all the resto places is crap. It does not fit well, the texture is wrong and it just looks cheap in person. Clean and reuse the original if it not actually torn.

+1 have done this to many cars for friends and it works great. I will have some pics for you to see maybe this week if the weather will cooperate here. Doing this to a friends 90 GT. The after market carpet is junk. Bought a kit for my SVO and I hate it, even after a year it still hasnt settled in a few spots and just looks cheap. Will never make that mistake again

Joe

red95gts

Established Member
I've had the same experience with the ACC carpet as you guys, but it's unfortunately the only thing out there, really. When I bought my 91 coupe, it had the standard ACC carpet in it, but it was filthy, torn, and the wrong color (Medium Grey instead of Titanium). It needed new carpet and once again, ACC was what I was stuck buying.

But, I bought the "mass-backed" version this time. It basically incorporates a rubber backing that lives inbetween the carpet and the jute backing. As always, it required a lot of trimming and fitting, but I'm happier than I've ever been previously with the ACC stuff. I think the rubber backing allows it to hold the "mold" a little better. Mine required a little more work than normal due to the roll bar and all the aftermarket sound deadner on the floor pan.

Is it as good as stock carpet? No way. Is it worth the extra $60 over the standard ACC crap? You bet.

01SVT2894

Established Member
i'm suprised to hear this... my 92 vert had aftermarket carpet in it and it was pretty nice... fit well and i have no issues.

???

01SVT2894

Established Member
by the way...

swapped the wheels around... the exterior of the car is pretty much finished... as far as i can take it by myself...

93cobra71.jpg

93cobra72.jpg

93cobra73.jpg

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
it will look even better when fix that starter cable hanging down under the front end,

Users who are viewing this thread