More cleaning B.S.

skstang

Established Member
What are yo people cleaning the dash and door panels with? It is a very dull finish. My 98 Cobra had a shiny finish so I just used Armor All. Cant just dust it off either, it seems to be dirty. Any suggestions?

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Well since you asked. I use water to wipe the dust off. Then Zaino Z10 Leather Treatment and Conditioner (used for vinyl also) low gloss and UV protection. My 98 sat in the south Florida sun everday and the interior looked new when I sold it.

Mowgli

Established Member
I use the ArmorAll Cleaning wipes and then the ArmorAll Protectant wipes. Nice little containers for them. I keep e in the trunk. But I'm lazy.

There's no gloss to them, so you don't have to worry about all of a sudden having a shiny dash (which I personally hate).

On the same topic, any reccommendations for the suede seat inserts?

RedSnake

Mustang Purist
Established Member
edz,
The Cobra wasn't listed in the Gallery on the alcantara site. What makes you think this is the material being used in the inserts?

El Culebra

Established Member
Use the Roller with that tape to remove the dirt on the suede it works great, I use Lexol and or Megiure's vinyl cleaner conditioner it works great it make it look better than the factory.
Lexol makes and excellent leather and conditioning and cleaning product.

www.lexol.com

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
It's definitely Alcantara...same stuff used on 2nd generation Lightnings...Ford calls it "Preferred Suede"

edz

Retired.
Established Member
When I got the car it had some ink stains on the drivers seat, I took it to my leather guy and he said,

"I dunna wot deez iz but iz no swade."

So I began to investigate and found that it was Alcantara, which is better for seats than suede would be. Ink cleaned off with Blue Coral cleaner.

svt-tmleader

Established Member
I believe, on some of the literature for the 01, they actually referenced Alcantara. It was either the brochure or the hero card. I'll have to check, maybe I could post it.

Users who are viewing this thread