More cell phone threads! Verizon finally gets it

MIKESTANG_SVT

Established Member
I like my storm 2 so far. I would like to see them get the HTC HD2. I'm just happy they are getting in the ball game with some good smart phones. Isn't there a Droid being released on fri?

Last edited:

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
Does anyone know what Apple is planning for the Iphone after the 3Gs?

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
I like my storm 2 so far. I would like to see them get the HTC HD2. I'm just happy they are getting in the ball game with some good smart phones. Isn't there a Droid being released on fri?

Yeah the Motorola Sholes. General consensus among the testers is that it's a pretty good device. It's just gonna be nice knowing that I have more than a couple Blackberries and some LG wannabe smartphones to choose from now.

Does anyone know what Apple is planning for the Iphone after the 3Gs?

EDIT: My apologies. Read your post wrong. Not trying to be a dick here but can we PLEASE keep Apple-related posts out of a non-ATT or Apple thread? Every one of these gets cluttered up and off topic; thus my rant in Smackdown.

Last edited:

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
My buddy has the Droid and it's awesome!! I should have waited to get one before I got my BlackBerry Tour. He's lucky because he's had the Droid for quite a while, over a year I think. I guess there are perks in working in the technology industry.

-Mike

MIKESTANG_SVT

Established Member
Yeah the Motorola Sholes. General consensus among the testers is that it's a pretty good device. It's just gonna be nice knowing that I have more than a couple Blackberries and some LG wannabe smartphones to choose from now.

That's exactly how I feel. Never had anything to choose from. I lasted 3 days with ATaT. Their reception is horrible where I live.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
That's exactly how I feel. Never had anything to choose from. I lasted 3 days with ATaT. Their reception is horrible where I live.

Everyone seems to love LGs but every LG Verizon offers is exactly the same. The Voyager=Envy Touch=Versa. Same touchscreen, same UI, different case. Oh, and one has a detachable keyboard...:poke:

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
verizon gets it?huh i wonder why it does not have multitouch ? and the same phone (gsm version) does? who castrated the droid? i hope they fix that

ZOMGWTFBBQ!!!!!! I can't pinch to zoom in on photos or the browser!!!!!!!!! The apocalypse must be near!!!!!!!! Get your guns! Get your ammo! The zombies are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to tap twice to zoom in!!!! ohnoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, GTFO.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
My buddy that I work with brother is a Cell Phone Engineer for T-Moble so he has the 411 on all these phone carriers and he gave us the one up about this phone awhile ago and I am excited to see that it is finally releasing. When I read the specs I was pretty impressed. My contract has been up since September and I hate repeat HATE my Treo. Worse phone I have probably ever had. I am looking forward to getting this new Android phone.

Last edited:

My94GT

Established Member
itll be nice to see what they bring in the years end. as i will be able to upgrade in the new year id like to have a better selection then whats out now.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
I guess its time i join in and smash some of the ignorance that ive seen in the recent batch of phone threads.

My buddy has the Droid and it's awesome!! I should have waited to get one before I got my BlackBerry Tour. He's lucky because he's had the Droid for quite a while, over a year I think. I guess there are perks in working in the technology industry.

-Mike

He doesnt have the droid and never did, he likely had an Android smartphone which is a phone that uses googles android operating system, the motorola tao(old name) or sholes(new name) is the new phone from verizon which is being referred to as the Droid, motorola just finished r&d on the thing in early October. It is the first phone from motorola to use android(instead of motoblue which is moto's watered down android) it is the first phone anywhere to use android 2.0(others run 1.6 right now)

Everyone seems to love LGs but every LG Verizon offers is exactly the same. The Voyager=Envy Touch=Versa. Same touchscreen, same UI, different case. Oh, and one has a detachable keyboard...:poke:

My opinion exactly, ive been using an old school moto Q since my curve got stolen in march, im damn ready for verizon to get it together and it appears they have.

verizon gets it?huh i wonder why it does not have multitouch ? and the same phone (gsm version) does? who castrated the droid? i hope they fix that

The "gsm version" is not the same phone, and the "driod" does have multitouch its just shut off in the root because multitouch is patented and verizon/motorola didnt feel like going through a legal battle. Anyone intelligent can figure out how to turn it on in 30 seconds.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
I mean they're revamping their smartphone lineup, finally getting legit devices and they have refused to cripple Android in any way, shape or form.

I'd say they've made big strides in the last few months. Hell it wasn't until a couple months ago that Verizon phones had Wi-Fi because "EVDO is the greatest"

txyaloo

Established Member
I'm fine with my resistive screen on my TP2. A capacitive screen would be nice, but I don't have the need for multitouch, and the screen is plenty sensitive.

IH8GM

Not so New SVT Poster
Established Member
ZOMGWTFBBQ!!!!!! I can't pinch to zoom in on photos or the browser!!!!!!!!! The apocalypse must be near!!!!!!!! Get your guns! Get your ammo! The zombies are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to tap twice to zoom in!!!! ohnoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, GTFO.
baghdad bob fanboy much? it was not a personal attack only a mere observation , but judging by you response you took it as one so my observation had some merit.

The "gsm version" is not the same phone, and the "driod" does have multitouch its just shut off in the root because multitouch is patented and verizon/motorola didnt feel like going through a legal battle. Anyone intelligent can figure out how to turn it on in 30 seconds.

ignorance ...lol

it is the same phone.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

Seriously, GTFO.

fail attempt then.

multitouch and doing things like you said is what makes the iPhone the industry leader.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
ignorance ...lol

it is the same phone.

Im pretty sure the gsm version will also be running motoblu, may be wrong though, when will the gsm version be available? last i knew it would be for a few months, in the technology world the phone will be basically obsolete in a few months. there will probably be a new iphone and android will likely be on v2.5 by then demanding a new phone to take advantage of the greatness that it will be.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
So much random speculation in this thread.

Being a recent BB fan, I was pumped to replace my 8900 with the new Storm 2. After the release date got bumped back a few times, I looked around at other new phones and found the Droid. Completely forgot about the S2 after I found all the Droid's details. Lots of people are actually comparing processor and browser speeds against the iphone, plus the screen is better quality with better resolution.

Don't worry, the multi-touch will be out very soon. The phone is capable, it just doesn't do it yet. If that is the only reason you guys can think of that the iphone is better, sucks for apple. And pinch zoom is not an apple trademark, other phones and even Google phones have it. The Palm Pre does it and I just tried out the Sprint HTC Hero, which pinch zoomed very well. I'd almost bet the Droid will have it before release time on Friday.

Droid will be the only Google device so far running Android 2.0. The Calgary will be a cheaper device running motoblur, which is geared towards social networking more than a full smartphone experience. The Curve2 won't be any better than the Tour, but it'll be smaller, have a trackpad instead of the annoying ball, and geared towards younger users like the original curve.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
fail attempt then.

multitouch and doing things like you said is what makes the iPhone the industry leader.

lol I don't even wanna get started with you. I've seen every post you've made about cell phones in the last 6 months and all you've done is talk about getting an iphone.

Being able to pinch to zoom doesn't make the iphone an industry leader. It doesn't make Macs an industry leader so why they hell would it apply to a phone where it's still exclusive but it's capabilities are even less? It's an industry leader because of it's OS and user interface. I guess if you wanna throw itunes/ipod in there you can too. Your multitouch argument is moot :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread