more boost?

COTA'00 L

Im pretty sure some of you guys read my other post (oil), well I cleaned the trottle body and all the inside of the s/c intake with Gumout air intake and trottle body cleaner. I sprayed all the inside cleaned up the oil in there pretty good. After that I started up the L and a bunch of black smoke came out of the exhaust. After it cleared up I took the L for a drive I noticed that the s/c whine was louder and it started at lower rpms. The trottle response was much, much better actually I was surprised of how good it was. When I poped the hood open I could hear the s/c at idle to be a little bit louder, I checked the s/c oil it came out when i took the cap off so i know it was ok. Is it making more boost now that its cleaner? Is it pulling more air?

speeder

Established Member
Back in january I had to have the right head gasket replaced on my truck, while it was apart I asked the service tech to clean the oil from the inter cooler, when I got my truck back I could deffinatly feel the difference, throttle response was improved and the truck felt like it had a little more power, so the oil in the intake and inter cooler does robb a little power from the engine. so by cleaning the intake and throttle body you helped the air flow a little easier.
I hope what I said makes sense.

Larry.

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
I just took my intercooler off its packed with the lobe coating and oil. i'm sure it would run better if it was clean.

9900blueoval

Established Member
to do the cleaning job right what gaskets need to be replaced or what solvents should be used how long to do properly and what kind of brushes be used oh yeah can u powerwash intercooler

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I think to be done correctly it needs to be taken apart. But spraying carb cleaner down the throat will help a lot. :beer:

BTW I'm not taking mine apart. :)

Users who are viewing this thread