Moral question

Coiled03

Established Member
I think if you dig deep enough you can find something you and a owner of any business don't see eye to eye on.

First time I've ever agreed with you, I think.

It's simple, OP. Weigh the value you get from this gym against your need to feel good about where you spend your money. Whichever is more important, is what you do.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
I think if you dig deep enough you can find something you and a owner of any business don't see eye to eye on.

Very true. But when it's out there in public, right in front of your face---with zero regard to how it will affect your business, it makes a difference. There are discreet ways to go about things.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Guys...moral question #2.

I had a customer come in this afternoon wanting to pay $10k over MSRP for my last 2014 Ford Fiesta.

I was happy for a while, but then I realized this was the same guy that only tipped his waitress a $5 bill on his $100 tab last weekend! :eek:

I don't see eye to eye with him, I need your advice, but I've already decided not to take his money and tell him to go find another car.

;-)

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Guys...moral question #2.

I had a customer come in this afternoon wanting to pay $10k over MSRP for my last 2014 Ford Fiesta.

I was happy for a while, but then I realized this was the same guy that only tipped his waitress a $5 bill on his $100 tab last weekend! :eek:

I don't see eye to eye with him, I need your advice, but I've already decided not to take his money and tell him to go find another car.

;-)

Insert 'tipping scene' from reservoir dogs with MR pink (Steve buscemi).

If you don't want to sell the car to him, and lose out on $10k, that's your dilemma. Not everything is black and white. Some people will say "who cares if the gym owner is cheating, it's not my business". Others would join a gym further away, or pay more just to avoid a scumbag---even though it won't affect their workout at all if they stayed. When I was looking at houses five years ago, my realtor refused to show me a house, because the owner left his wife and two young kids for an 18 year old. I'm friends with my realtor, and that was enough to make me lose any interest in the house. Some people spend money purely as money. Others use emotion when spending their money. It's hard to describe. As I've earned more and more, I get less and less satisfaction spending money on myself. And I'm willing to spend a bit more for the same service, if it helps the person I'm buying that service from (buying from a small local store as opposed to a natl chain like Walmart, ect)

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
I would say that supporting a person like this is not to be trusted. You already know the answer in your heart, God would not approve. Going with the majority is not always the right thing to do. I hope this helps.

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
Insert 'tipping scene' from reservoir dogs with MR pink (Steve buscemi).

If you don't want to sell the car to him, and lose out on $10k, that's your dilemma. Not everything is black and white. Some people will say "who cares if the gym owner is cheating, it's not my business". Others would join a gym further away, or pay more just to avoid a scumbag---even though it won't affect their workout at all if they stayed. When I was looking at houses five years ago, my realtor refused to show me a house, because the owner left his wife and two young kids for an 18 year old. I'm friends with my realtor, and that was enough to make me lose any interest in the house. Some people spend money purely as money. Others use emotion when spending their money. It's hard to describe. As I've earned more and more, I get less and less satisfaction spending money on myself. And I'm willing to spend a bit more for the same service, if it helps the person I'm buying that service from (buying from a small local store as opposed to a natl chain like Walmart, ect)

Lol this guy...

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
how is this your problem, and why do you feel it not necessary to pay your obligations?

Ferguson much?

I was thinking the same thing until that last, dickish question. A very dick move. :nonono:

But yeah, OP, how is any of that your business? Are you jealous because you want to smash the student?

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
In the state of Texas, child support starts at 20%. You reducing his income will also eventually reduce hers :shrug:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was thinking the same thing until that last, dickish question. A very dick move. :nonono:

But yeah, OP, how is any of that your business? Are you jealous because you want to smash the student?

Zing.

In the state of Texas, child support starts at 20%. You reducing his income will also eventually reduce hers :shrug:

+1

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

I believe if you read all the posts, I misunderstood his motive. I thought he had intended to stay at the gym, just not pay. In essence his intention is to leave the gym entirely.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
All in all, OP wants to get with said student.

In order for any of us to make a well informed decision, we will need a picture of the desecrated pregnant wife, and the hot student.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
All in all, OP wants to get with said student.

In order for any of us to make a well informed decision, we will need a picture of the desecrated pregnant wife, and the hot student.

we've been asking for this, and OP is unable to deliver. Maybe OP is after the husband?

Riptide

Established Member
Good on you OP. I would be outta there too. It's my right to not give an a-hole my money.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
The problem is that people are too quick to judge. Maybe this guys actions started because of the horrible living situation he has at home. Maybe the baby is not his and the wife is bat shit crazy? I think you get what I am saying...

Users who are viewing this thread