Monticello Motor Club NY 5/4/10

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
Here are some vid highlights of me from the newish track in NY state, Monticello Motor Club. This was a Monday-Tuesday event. It was a busy event as I had two students in addition to getting my own seat time.

I highly recommend this track. Lots of great turns (21 in all on the full course), and a kick ass back straight.....yes I got my car over 100.. :)

I'm compiling some in car footage and will post that when it is ready.

The last three clips are the TT laps.

[ame=http://www.vimeo.com/11520514]Monticello Motor Club 3/4-May-2010: Troy on Vimeo[/ame]

TroyV

Established Member
Incidentally, I managed my very first class win, and I got a very nice engraved trophy....a glass platter.

I had some spaghetti on it when I got home. Man...that was some good spaghetti..

TroyV

Established Member
Here is some in car...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYYdZLGWF64"]YouTube- COMSCC @ Monticello Motor Club 4-May-2010 -- Troy's ST4 Miata[/nomedia]

wheelhopper

Established Member
I would love to drive Monticello. Me and some of the guys I drive with looked into it. But the cost was around $400 per day with the cheapest group we could find, and it was inconvienently during the week.

TroyV

Established Member
You should have considered COMSCC. 425 for two days, and a time trial to boot.

Any interest in coming to Tremblant, or Calabogie in Canada...just let me know.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Post up next time a deal like that comes to Monticello. As far as Canada, I am going to have to pass. I need to take baby steps. First I need to make it to Watkins and Mid Ohio.

TroyV

Established Member
COMSCC will be at WGI on the 14th and 15th of September FYI.. The full schedule can be found by clicking the link in my sig and browsing around.

Good club with good instructors, and lots of talented drivers running all sorts of different cars..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread