Money "stolen"

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
Hey everyone. I hope I can get some direction from some informed
guys on what to do with my dilemma. I've been in the process of building my Mach up for some time now. Almost ONE YEAR ago I began trying to locate a trans to hold the power. At that time, I was working at a performance shop in nj and an aquaintance said he had a lead on a trans. This guy was frequently at the shop and had given me no reason not to trust him to this point.

So it begins. He tells me someone he knows has the trans, and he calls right in front of me an finds out the cost. 1200 bucks, which I feel is more than fair. He says we just need to western union the cash and he'll ship the trans. I give him the cash, and he (as far as I know) sends it and gets things rolling. A few weeks later, there's been a "shipping issue", and it's gonna take more time. Then there's another issue, and another and another. Eventually he says forget the trans, I'll pay you back and that's that.

As you mightve guessed, it's been excuse after excuse for a solid year now and I'm still without the money. I've repeatedly asked for reciepts for the western union transaction, asked for the guys adress, etc. He claims he's going to "take care" of that guy himself. He's kind of the type of guy that if I push too hard, I could see him destroying
my property or acting violent toward myself.

So I feel extremely hopeless in the situation. No proof, no idea what angle to try... Is there anything I CAN do? Or do I cut ties, and cut the losses?

Thanks,
Evan

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
With no proof that you ever gave him money (signed paper/receipt ect) i believe there is nothing you can do. But i am not to sure maybe someone else can chime in.

Last edited:

Satyr

Established Member
Your case is going to be a hard one to prove.
Better idea is to try and outsmart him by threatening the law against him...even though there's virtually no statute that I could foresee you winning a trial with. Small claims court isn't a bad idea, though.

Is there anyone at the shop that witnessed any of this? Did you ever get the phone number/any information about the guy that supposedly had this transmission? For future reference, it is not wise to give money to an unknown person that is brokering a transaction with someone that you have absolutely no information on...but that's just my opinion.

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
Believe me I know this. I knew the guy and like I said if I had any incling that he would f me like this, it would never had happened. It just really sucks.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
i agree small claims..gather any evidence you have like emails, txts, voicemails and bring them with you to court. when you file your claim and he gets served, he may just start paying you what he owes.

Users who are viewing this thread