Monday morning and I'm off to MSX for my new engine...

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
The end of December, just before the new year, I finally had enough cash to pay Billy a deposit to start building my new engine.

It's finally ready.

I think......

LMAO!

Anyway, come tomorrow morning I head out to San Jose airport to pick up Martin (I'D WIN) and then head over to Billy's in Turlock. We'll be staying there for the night, leaving my truck with Billy on tuesday so he can start the process of installing my new engine.

New, bare heads were sent off to Fox Lake for porting, then put together with Ferrea valves, Manley/Nextec springs, and a custom grind camshaft from Bullet cams.

A new '04 block was decked with a roughness average in the high teens (I can't remember the exact RA factor), put together with coated pistons and Manley forged rods.

Topping it off will be a Whipple s/c, and the whole thing will be tuned by JJ at Woodbine Motorsports.

Stewart

bmfgsxr

Established Member
thats very cool man.. sounds like she is gonna be strong.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
You have certainly done your homework!! If you care to divulge the cam specs I'd like to see, PM me if you wish. I know it's gonna sound, drive and run like a raped ape! JJ is good peeps too, another wise decision. :coolman:

This is gonna be a long week for you huh?

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
You have certainly done your homework!! If you care to divulge the cam specs I'd like to see, PM me if you wish. I know it's gonna sound, drive and run like a raped ape! JJ is good peeps too, another wise decision. :coolman:

This is gonna be a long week for you huh?

Thanks Fade, yeah, it's fun doing all the research to figure out what combo appeals to my need for speed!

We just got back home. Billy drove the 2 hours to my place to drop me and Martin off at my house. Fed 'em spaghetti and finalized the plans for picking up my truck, which once again, has been bumped back a few days longer because I AGAIN changed my mind on some things and AGAIN added some more things for Billy to do to my truck.

One major change was my camshaft specs.

Back when I had my heads flowed, Bullet cams recommended a specific grind for my truck, but the lift was .612/.612. When I contacted Manley, Manley stated very simply, their springs will not handle that much lift. So my only option was to go with a lower lift cam.

Well, Martin contacted Crower today and their rep told Martin they have a new spring available for the Lightning trucks. The new spring supports a max lift of .630, with a seat pressure of 130lbs. Sooooooo, long story short, I'm going back to the original spec'd cam Bullet recommended for my heads.

That's not all that was added to Billy's work order though. I'm also having Billy wire up an electrical sub fuse box off of the main fuse box, under the dash. That will allow me to power the accessories in my truck, like the line lock, gauges, lighted rockers, etc, without molesting my main fuse box.

With those things, and a few others, the plan is for me to pick up my truck next Saturday, April 7th.

Stewart

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
I'D WIN said:
Your truck would have probably been done by this weekend if I didnt come down. LMAO!

"Hey Stew, why don't you have Billy do this?"

"Hey Stew, how about having Billy add that?"

Uh huh...yep...costing me more money!

Stewart

Phase1GSR

Banned
Hey whats up Stew, its Jazzy. Your truck is going to be badass man, probably going to have end up showing my dad yours also, so he can at least respect a Ford in our garage, lol.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Hey Jazzy, it was good to hang with you bud.

Yeah, I'm hoping I've made the right choices for my truck. Time will tell!

Yeah, maybe we can have a Blue Oval earn a little respect from your pops! :)

Stewart

Phase1GSR

Banned
Yah it will be badass Stewart. Billy will take great care of your truck as if it was his own. It was good hanging out with you and martin though, hopefully I'll see you guys again.

Users who are viewing this thread