Mom wants to buy CAI for late Christmas present. WHich one?

sdlightning03

Established Member
Late Christmas present-

Looking at buying PSP fresh air or Airaid CAI for my son- Any comments, info, or suggestions on either one I should get would be great. I need help making the decision. How hard is the PSP to install? HOw do the PSP and the JLP compare to each other.

THanks for any help. :) Oh ya, need to make decision soon.

InS0mNiAc

Just call me Lucifer
Established Member
I just got the JLP from my mom for our jew christmas and I love it. It was a piece of cake to install once I pulled my head outa my ass. I couldn't expect anything more from an intake setup, the fit and finish was outstanding and it performs flawleslly

JDOWNLOW

Established Member
i want one too

is the jlp intake that much better than the psp intake? seems like $100 more? $179 for the psp and $289 for the jlp.
let me know which one is better, i need to get a cai in my L too.

JDOWNLOW

Established Member
oops

oops, nm. I was comparing the regular psp price to that of the forced air induction jlp price.
If you guys have any pics of your cai, please post. On the verge of ordering one just don't know which one. argghh!!

:rockon:

sonic lghtn

Established Member
I have the same question, with all the different CAI out there which one to get to get the most HP out. EX. airrid,psp,jlp,firk,afe,
jdm,brute, etc..... Would you be better off getting a k&n for the stock air box since it is already closed in and the stock box looks like it draws cold air from inside the fender.

InS0mNiAc

Just call me Lucifer
Established Member
Originally posted by svt03lightn
I have the same question, with all the different CAI out there which one to get to get the most HP out. EX. airrid,psp,jlp,firk,afe,
jdm,brute, etc..... Would you be better off getting a k&n for the stock air box since it is already closed in and the stock box looks like it draws cold air from inside the fender.
I ran the stock box setup with a drop in k&n and drilled holes in the bottom, it ran well and did gain me a little something but after putting JL's kit on I can see how much I was missing out without having a proper intake kit.

InS0mNiAc

Just call me Lucifer
Established Member
Well no matter what I think that any open filter, even the JL and PSP ones that sit in boxes are still going to suck in hot air, its just something we have to live with if. The JL ram air is just like any ram air, it's much more effective at higher speeds due to the fact that the air needs to be forced through the scoop and into the air box, the filter doesn't actually suck the air through the scoop.

Users who are viewing this thread