Mom wants a convertible, shes not a very good car shopper, what would yall recomend?

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
She has no idea what she wants, first it was a red hardtop 'vert. she checked out volvo's, audis, and a hundred other things, i dont think she wants to spend too much but she was looking at new mercedes a few weeks ago, what would yall recomend, it can be used, new doesnt matter but she wants a vert and prefers red and i guess a hardtop would be cool.

Just throw out suggestions, what have you had good experiences with or what has received good reviews? has anyone heard much about the little vw hardtop 'verts?

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
......2010 Mustang GT Vert. I have no experience with these but they look pretty good. But she needs to get it in that light blue color.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Price range would help a lot. A friend of mine just got an Audi S5 vert, it's awesome. But very $$.

werstlna

Established Member
IMO steer clear of any PT cruiser. We get them in the shop all the time and it is the same quality as a Neon. We are now working on one with 51k that needed a head gasket. There's a reason why the PT's are so cheap; there are much better choices out there.

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
Used Miata?.. heard they never tear up.
Probably could get a good deal on a used Pontiac G6 convertible right now.
A used Toyota Solara convertible?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
is she looking for performance too? or just a Convertible?

i see lots of women in v6 mustang verts, if she wants something newer.

theres lots of cars in the $5k-35k range that are verts. I got my GST Spyder for $4500 and its really clean and reliable to boot (since its stockish theres no reason it wont be).

x0lizzbeth0x

Nada.
Established Member
I don't pay attention so much to all the news, but are you saying Pontiac G6's would be a good deal because their company is going out of business? This is what I've heard.. But at the same time, wouldn't it make it harder/more expensive to get any work done/parts?

ssssnake

Established Member
BOSTON, Dec. 3 – Ford Motor Company makes a product splash at the 52nd Annual New England Auto Show by winning an award from New England journalists ....

Mustang earned Ford the NEMPA’s “Favorite Affordable Convertible” award and was cited by the journalist's jury for its combination of fun, affordability, style and economy that made it a winner. There ya go.

Users who are viewing this thread