Moisture on car after wax?

2k3gt

Established Member
So I just waxed my car, and after I got all done some areas started to get moisture/condensation on them (think: blowing hot are on glass). This happened ONLY on the roof, trunk lid, and spoiler. I wiped them down numerous times, but it would only go away for a few seconds before it reappeared (and sometimes it was really hard to get off, had to almost scrub with microfiber). I guess I wanted to know, will this go away?..is it just because of the temperature change or something? (I finished waxing right as the sun went down). I really hope I don't have to wax those areas again...please help!

2k3gt

Established Member
Haha thanks guys, after I posted it I kinda figured I was freakin out about nothing. I just don't remember there being that much dew on the car that early in the night..oh well. Thanks again :beer:

oldmodman

Established Member
Start detailing your car earlier. Condensation generally occurs if the sky above you is clear, and the humidity is above 55% after sunset.

2k3gt

Established Member
Start detailing your car earlier. Condensation generally occurs if the sky above you is clear, and the humidity is above 55% after sunset.

Thanks for the advice, I didn't know those things about condensation and I'll definately start earlier next time :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread