Moister in tail-lamps

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
Can't keep it out so my turn signal will short out. If I take it off and dry the inside, everything works for a few weeks and then it starts again. The reflectors are starting to rust so it will be replaced in the future but until then, any suggestions on sealing it up? I've read that some people split the lens from the body and put silicon around the edges and slap them back together...

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Yeah I've done that on my buddies GT. Mine hasn't done it but I'm waiting for it to happen.

If you do it go slow. I traced the line around it with a scapel. You need something thin and sharp.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Its really not that hard and if you do it right you can't see it.

Ebay usually has the best deals on them. A guy in NJ bought a set of 2 for 280.

Hepcat007

Established Member
I had the same problem. I tried to reseal them with silicone but moisture still got in. So what i did to remedy the problem was to drill some very small holes in the bottom so the water could drain out and air could get in to keep them dry. It has worked pretty well and really isn't an issue anymore.

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
I thought about that but wasn't sure it would help. I'll put a couple of holes in it the next time I have it off. It's almost shot anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread