mods

928gtp

Established Member
what are some mods that you can do that wont void the warranty?

i want to do an exhaust, cai, tune and lower the car but dont wanna void my warranty.
what are some of my options?

cheftjpeck

Established Member
they cant VOID your warranty for anything. (Magnuson-MOss Warranty act protects you there) They have to prove that your mod caused the issue...however you did touch on about every major aspect of the car with your list of mods....suspension mods, (if you start hearing clunking in your supsension etc or something goes awry, they can claim due to your lowering the suspension you caused the lca to bind etc or something along that line...CAI and tune is no big deal as if something happens you just switch back to stock in minutes and then bring it in....exhaust...if you are talking headers back well then your headers back would no longer be warrantied etc...however if you do all this and your alternator fails...they have to cover it as your alternator has not be effected by any of your mods etc..can they hassle you..of course they can....good luck and always keep your stock parts...

928gtp

Established Member
thanks guys. im going to look more into it.

also. can the computer tell if i changed my mods out and back to stock when i bring it in?

cheftjpeck

Established Member
when you reflash it it erases history...if the dealer ever asks you just advise the dealer that you unplugged your battery etc....or battery went dead...believe me they will know what is going on but they cant prove it...

Mikey org gt500

Established Member
when you reflash it it erases history...if the dealer ever asks you just advise the dealer that you unplugged your battery etc....or battery went dead...believe me they will know what is going on but they cant prove it...
or you find a dealer that is mod friendly and not worry about it

Users who are viewing this thread