Mods with Whipple

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
Just wondering...if you install a Whipple on a stock motor..you gain 80 HP(from what ive read)....if i have a 6 lb pulley what HP should i expect???...
thanks.... Ken

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Depends on what Upper pulley you go with the Whipple.

If you buy the supercharger new, you will have several options ranging from 2.5 inches to 3.5 inch upper pullies.

If you wanted to keep the upper pulley around stock (stock is 2.93 on the Eaton) the closest upper pulley from whipple is the 3.0 inch pulley.

With the 3.0 and a 6 lower you should be around 18.5 lbs of boost.
Usually, with 18 lbs of boost on a Lightning will be around 500-525rwhp depending on other mods, run conditions and how conservative/aggressive the tune is.
I'm not exactly for sure, but, IIRC some Lightning owners that are still on the stock block usually go with the 3.25 upper pulley with the 6 lower. Makes 16lbs of boost and with the stock internals, you will be around the limits of the rods @ 450-500rwhp.

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
oh ok..thanks.......ive been thinking alot about that whipple special thats happenening now.....im at approx....420HP now...so i may gain 30-70HP if i get the whipple??...im gonna see if there are any other mods that i can do..that will give me that.for under $4000....
Thanks again

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely, if you add a 6 lower/ or do the 3.25/6 lower combo. Lower IAT2 temps and having a more efficient blower is an added plus for the whipple.

If you are looking for ways to increase your power without shelling out big $ maybe try porting your blower, if you have not done so. Either through a vendor on here or look for a ported blower for sale near you.
Another one is nitrous...

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
With all the supporting mods on my stock block, (#60 injectors, twin walbro fuel pumps, Maf extender, Accufab TB, JDM Tune, long tube headers, Long bar traction bars, NGK TR6 plugs, 110 octane and some sticky tires) I went 11.39 with a 3.25 upper and a #4 lower. I ran that combo on my Whipple for over a year without issue. And the same pulley combo on my KB for over a year without issue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread