Mods soon to come

DeepimpactGTCS

Established Member
Ok need some help choosing mods for my car.....

I have a 2013 GTCS m6 3.73 car the only thing I have currently for it are a set of bigs and littles

My first thought on mods are Boss IM, full exhaust, all UPR rear suspension, cobra jet race springs, JMS nitrous kit, MGW shifter and a tune of course

Second order up the beefcake special not real sure which is better vortech or Paxton

My goal for the car is to get it into the 10s and I have about 6k to work with the car is also a DD. I appreciate any and all advice

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
If I have learned one thing over the years its not to ignore the suspension. If you look at my sig, out of all the money I have spent so far on this car, you will not find one power mod yet...I'll continue to research the best combos for power, as I get the suspension beefed up. I still want to do SFC's, and sways before I start bolting on go-fast mods.
Too often guys ignore the suspension, and if you are looking at FI, I suggest you build it for the added power...Just my .02 :beer:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Honestly instead of blowing the whole mod buget on mulitple things I would focus on just a couple things and work from there.

I would do.

Pypes full exhaust
Boss intake
E85 if possible
Tune
BMR springs
BMR relocation brackets
BMR lower control arms
BMR upper control arm and bracket
and the tires that you already have

-Thomas

4VFTW

Established Member
Honestly instead of blowing the whole mod buget on mulitple things I would focus on just a couple things and work from there.

I would do.

Pypes full exhaust
Boss intake
E85 if possible
Tune
BMR springs
BMR relocation brackets
BMR lower control arms
BMR upper control arm and bracket
and the tires that you already have

-Thomas
I would start with the Beefcake special Paxton and then dial the car in around that.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Op, just do the Paxton and some springs and you'll be in the 10's or very close to it. Be warned, you NEED to order the JPC coolant tank with the Paxton as the one that comes in the kit is garbage. No sense in spending $ on a full exhaust and suspension work when you wont need it to reach your goal.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Stock suspension works fine in these cars, but definitely has room for upgrade. A lot of guys are happy with it because they think the '60 foot times they cut are fine, which they are for stock suspension. A lot of time can be picked up just from being able to get out of the '60 better which a lot of people tend to forget. I personally would decide what kind of times you are looking for out of the car, and what you are using it for primarily. Forced induction is always great to have, but a mild N/A car is a beast to drive around for DD and light track use. For 10's, i would do N/A and suspension. Would have no problem doing is consistent and reliable.

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Stock suspension works fine in these cars, but definitely has room for upgrade. A lot of guys are happy with it because they think the '60 foot times they cut are fine, which they are for stock suspension. A lot of time can be picked up just from being able to get out of the '60 better which a lot of people tend to forget. I personally would decide what kind of times you are looking for out of the car, and what you are using it for primarily. Forced induction is always great to have, but a mild N/A car is a beast to drive around for DD and light track use. For 10's, i would do N/A and suspension. Would have no problem doing is consistent and reliable.

Thats what I was trying to get at. A mild n/a car that can run a reliable 10.99 and still dd is a fun car.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

pohnjarker

Established Member
paxton and vortech is the same kit, only different head unit. the paxton head unit is bigger and is good up to 1000hp.

id go paxton kit from beefcake with jpc or canton coolant tank, then spend what's left on suspension. you dont need exhaust or boss im to reach your goals.

or, go full suspension and jms kit and you'd be damn close to 10s since you already have bigs/littles.

Users who are viewing this thread