Mods on a 14 shelbygt500 with track pack

Eze_Svt

Established Member
Deciding to either go with a 10% lower or 15%. And for the upper 2.4 or 2.6. The other mods thats are going in the car are mgw gen2, kooks headers, kooks hi flo catted x pipe, jlt cai 123mm, corsa sport axleback, billet pro ported elbow, vmp twin jet 67mm throttle body. Which would work best in a 14 track pack shelby? Keeping it 91 octane not doing e85 till next summer once i start to build the motor. The only reason i ask is because i believe the 15% consists of some modifications to the heat exchanger in order to fit the track pack cars and most people in the forum run the 10% and a 2.4 so im kind of stuck in which to use. Looking for the most i can get out of the engine. Thanks in advance with any info much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

manny231988

Established Member
Both 10% and 15% require modification I had to grind my crank sensor block tab to get it to fit, 15 % requires the same procedure plus a modified fitting for oil cooler lines

Ill_W1N

Established Member
the 2.4 upper pulley with 10 or 15 lower with all of those other mods is a ticking time bomb on 91 octane. I wouldn't do any of that unless you ran e85 or built the motor first. Skip the lower, go 2.4 pulley and get some injectors, bap, and fuel filter and run e85 if you want to be safe with those mods before you build the motor.

Eze_Svt

Established Member
So best bet just do the upper pulley?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Eze_Svt

Established Member
the 2.4 upper pulley with 10 or 15 lower with all of those other mods is a ticking time bomb on 91 octane. I wouldn't do any of that unless you ran e85 or built the motor first. Skip the lower, go 2.4 pulley and get some injectors, bap, and fuel filter and run e85 if you want to be safe with those mods before you build the motor.

What size of injectors should i do? I talked to my tuner and mechanic whos doing my work said it should be fine but im just making sure.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
What size of injectors should i do? I talked to my tuner and mechanic whos doing my work said it should be fine but im just making sure.

Well if you’re going for a built motor later on go id1300. Gives you room to grow. Eventually you’ll need a fuel system with built motor though. If you want to just run a bap now then you can go with id1050x. Runs about $400 cheaper and still has stainless internals. Thats what I run on e85 with stock internals. My tuner advised against running a lower without e85. AED does my tuning. Shaun is one of the best in the game. If you only have 91 you must live in Cali like me. Our gas here is super shitty. I wouldn’t even chance light bolt ons with the shit we have out here without a booster if you want to run only 91.

Last edited:

Eze_Svt

Established Member
Well if you’re going for a built motor later on go id1300. Gives you room to grow. Eventually you’ll need a fuel system with built motor though. If you want to just run a bap now then you can go with id1050x. Runs about $400 cheaper and still has stainless internals. Thats what I run on e85 with stock internals. My tuner advised against running a lower without built motor even on e85. AED does my tuning. Shaun is one of the best in the game. If you only have 91 you must live in Cali like me. Our gas here is super shitty. I wouldn’t even chance light bolt ons with the shit we have out here without a booster if you want to run only 91.

I live in colorado

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Oo okay. Not sure on their quality but its still 91. Have you looked at your logs yet? Are you getting knock? i wouldnt run a lower combined with an upper unless you’re on e85. I fixed my last post. Said even on e85, didnt proof read it. Its Safe on e85 but running it with a flex fuel tune or 91 is a no no.

MastaAce03

Established Member
Ticking time bomb for sure. I’d be weary even going with a 2.4 on 91 pump but people do it. If you’re at 6000ft, you’d be ok since you wouldn’t be pushing as much boost as sea level. At sea level, no way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paluka21

Established Member
Ticking time bomb for sure. I’d be weary even going with a 2.4 on 91 pump but people do it. If you’re at 6000ft, you’d be ok since you wouldn’t be pushing as much boost as sea level. At sea level, no way.

I'm with this guy; I would personally be hesitant to up the boost when planning to run 91 octane. If it were my car, I would wait until I had the car on E85 or 93 pump.

raustin0017

Established Member
Van's 13-6 Kit with the headers of your choice with Lund tune. Done till you drop big $$$ and build an already perfect motor for street use.

You planning on living at the track?

Eze_Svt

Established Member
Van's 13-6 Kit with the headers of your choice with Lund tune. Done till you drop big $$$ and build an already perfect motor for street use.

You planning on living at the track?

Im not tracking it i hardly drive it its just a weekend have fun type of car i allready got most the parts i was thinking of doing it and just say **** it jajajajaja i mean i live in the mile high city so idk if that matters

kwarnerjr

Established Member
Im not tracking it i hardly drive it its just a weekend have fun type of car i allready got most the parts i was thinking of doing it and just say **** it jajajajaja i mean i live in the mile high city so idk if that matters

The 5.8’s kinda have a steep price tag to replace...more power to ya though lol

MastaAce03

Established Member

Definitely matters. Go with what you have , 2.4. minus the 10-15% and you’ll be golden at that elevation.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
+1 on the 2.4 upper only. Your elevation is what will let you run that 2.4 on pump 91. Would not recommend the lower without race gas, octonium every tank, or a conversion to e85/flex fuel.

91 just doesnt have the knock resistance to more than 17 of boost at sea level. 16 to be safe, but at 4000-5000 feet your fine with a 2.4 upper.

Eze_Svt

Established Member
+1 on the 2.4 upper only. Your elevation is what will let you run that 2.4 on pump 91. Would not recommend the lower without race gas, octonium every tank, or a conversion to e85/flex fuel.

91 just doesnt have the knock resistance to more than 17 of boost at sea level. 16 to be safe, but at 4000-5000 feet your fine with a 2.4 upper.

Now for the throttle body headers followed with x pipe and billet pro elbow from vmp would be okay also to do i allready have the parts coming in

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Youre absolutely fine. Headers will drop your overall boost pressure but increase your flow, gaining power. It wont drop it enough to run a 10 or 15% but enough that your safer on 91. Plus headers sound killer!

TB and elbow will help get air in and unrestrict the inlet side of the blower= more power.

Eze_Svt

Established Member
Nice right on thanks guyz

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Beercules

Established Member
I'm from 6000'. You can run the 10% (and get a better harmonic balancer in the process). It might add a bit more heat, but your knock sensors/ knock retard will compensate for any knock.
The ngauge will show you knock retard at any given moment, if you're worried about knock, get it.
The Denver refinery puts out good gas. I don't know about gas piped in from elsewhere.
If youre really worried about octane, get water meth. I run nitrous (to bring it closer to sea level) and water meth and the knock retard shows it still asking for more timing. And don't listen to the meth naysayers... their tuners will have to learn how to tune with it when ford comes out with their dual injectors (gas in center, water/ meth on circumference). Also, bmw is already running it. Just make sure to get the safety boost drop thing.

Users who are viewing this thread