mods can we sub divide this forum?

kingnut

Established Member
seems like it would be alot more helpful if we had sub topics like "Forced Induction, Wheels and Tires, Exterior, Interior, Drag racing" all under the 2011 topic. i dont know if anyone else agrees but i think it would be alot more productive that looking back through 9 pages of random threads.

ViciousJay

Established Member
seems like it would be alot more helpful if we had sub topics like "Forced Induction, Wheels and Tires, Exterior, Interior, Drag racing" all under the 2011 topic. i dont know if anyone else agrees but i think it would be alot more productive that looking back through 9 pages of random threads.

def ok with this but how about it look like this

General Stuff and Issues
Exhaust
Fuel and Electronics & F/I
Interior & Exterior
Wheels & Tires
Drag Racing

AmnDucky

Established Member
Why? None of the other car forums are sub-divided. Well, except for the Terminator section, but this is SVT performance so we all know who their target group is.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Why? None of the other car forums are sub-divided. Well, except for the Terminator section, but this is SVT performance so we all know who their target group is.

agreed, but I think all the OG terminator guys will be joining the 5.0 club soon.

IMO I would do it based on volume of posts related to the 2011 GT, not if it is an SVT product or not. Besides, most of the high performance stuff coming from Ford these days has had SVT tinker with it.

kingnut

Established Member
all the threads are to garbled up. there is no categories. it can be just me that thinks this is a good idea. theres 400+ drag racing threads. give them there own sub forum.

Last edited:

AmnDucky

Established Member
all the threads are to garbled up. there is no categories. it can be just me that thinks this is a good idea. theres 400+ drag racing threads. give them there own sub forum.

They already have two forums, the Time Slip Bar and Drag Racing. And there are forums for pictures and road racing and all that other good stuff. Honestly, this forum moves so slow that if you log in once per day, you will be able to read every single thread. No organization needed. 10 threads have been posted in today, and two new ones created. It takes about 20 minutes to catch up on the days events.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
def ok with this but how about it look like this

General Stuff and Issues
Exhaust
Fuel and Electronics & F/I
Interior & Exterior
Wheels & Tires
Drag Racing

If we were to separate them out it would be very similar to the Terminator forum.

The target audience for SVT is auto enthusiasts. They don't necessarily have to be SVT enthusiasts.

They already have two forums, the Time Slip Bar and Drag Racing. And there are forums for pictures and road racing and all that other good stuff. Honestly, this forum moves so slow that if you log in once per day, you will be able to read every single thread. No organization needed. 10 threads have been posted in today, and two new ones created. It takes about 20 minutes to catch up on the days events.

That is the concern at the moment. When we start seeing two pages or more of new posts per day this will become more of a concern.

AmnDucky

Established Member
If we were to separate them out it would be very similar to the Terminator forum.

The target audience for SVT is auto enthusiasts. They don't necessarily have to be SVT enthusiasts.

That is the concern at the moment. When we start seeing two pages or more of new posts per day this will become more of a concern.

I realize that the forum is here for car (and truck) enthusiasts. But we all know that your love is still Cobra's and Lightnings :lol1:. Nothing wrong with that though. There is always a place in your heart for your first love :-D

ViciousJay

Established Member
if we were to separate them out it would be very similar to the terminator forum.

The target audience for svt is auto enthusiasts. They don't necessarily have to be svt enthusiasts.

do itttttt

kingnut

Established Member
doubt we will see 2 pages but whatever. i was just trying to make navigating the 2011 GT topics easier. ive found some other forums that do have categories. catch up or get left behind.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
doubt we will see 2 pages but whatever. i was just trying to make navigating the 2011 GT topics easier. ive found some other forums that do have categories. catch up or get left behind.

If if made it to the 9th page, then it was obviously not followed. With about 1 page a day of new material, it would have taken a while to get that far back. Instead of trying to navigate back, why don't you just use your suscribed threads ability in your UCP?

I don't think that there is enough topics to separate into 5 sub forums, however a another possible scenario is a Technical and General Talk forum..?

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
admin lock this up. it was just a suggestion. svtp is fine the way it is.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
If we can really get this forum rolling I will start splitting it. I'd really like to see this one start to grow.

Users who are viewing this thread