Modified NASCAR ZL1 racing 2023 24 hour of LeMans

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I’m sure they can build an R07 and make it last. Super Lates often run an entire season on a single SB2, they setup just has to be spec’s with longevity in mind. I doubt there’s a more scienced-out race engine design than the American pushrod V8.

I met Mitchell and his girlfriend about a year ago. We tried to put a project together but our goals didn’t seem to line up with those of the project’s intended beneficiary. He and his girl are good people.

I’d be interested to know what kind of setup they are using.

The truck series is running engines for multiple races now...have been for a few seasons now

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
G56 will be fun to keep an eye on. How is Jimmy Johnson as an endurance driver? I do wish Jordan Taylor would’ve gotten the ride instead.

On a related note - Excited for Corvette Racing…Keating put it an absolute flyer of a lap yesterday

4.698gt

Established Member
I always loved the idea of different race series vehicles racing together in one race. Someone needs to do an endurance build of an f1/indy car and throw it in for the hell of it

Blown 89

Established Member
Thus far during practice sessions, it is smoking the GT class cars by multiple seconds per lap. Corning speeds are down relative to the "street car" classes, but the extra 200-250 hp helps a bit on a track that is ~85% WOT each lap. It's also 250# lighter than a nascar.

The big question is whether or not a nascar engine can last 3k miles.
It's not part of the GT class though. It's racing by itself in it's own class. Of course it's smoking the GT class, it doesn't have to abide by the rules of that class.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I was just reading they shaved 400lbs by going from the traditional steel rotors to carbon rotors and 6 piston calipers lol...400 ****in lbs!

Car is also running much wider tires than the cup cars

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I was just reading they shaved 400lbs by going from the traditional steel rotors to carbon rotors and 6 piston calipers lol...400 ****in lbs!

Car is also running much wider tires than the cup cars
They shaved off a bunch of weight, not just the brake setup alone. This is apparently faster than the GT cars. IMO this car is making more shine than the Mustang GT3.

It sounds a hell of a lot more glorious than the Mustang GT3, thats for sure. But the Mustang GT3 will live on.. competing with the Corvette GT3. LOL

Last edited:

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
The 24 HR of LeMans Centennial warm-up session has started and the track is declared WET with rain drops at several locations. Many have not experienced LeMans wet, especially Nascar.
Race starts at 9am CST.

1686392263001.jpeg

Last edited:

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Motortrend and Motortrend+ carry the race.
Onboard stream of Corvette and Camaro is available on Motortrend+, not sure about Motortrend.

IMG_6467.jpeg

Link to channel stuff:

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Hydrogen demo car (hydrogen to electric) doing an exhibition lap...
1686393756266.jpeg

They also have a Toyota Hydrogen car (hydrogen to ICE) running an exhibition lap.

Last edited:

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Hydrogen demo car (hydrogen to electric) doing an exhibition lap...
View attachment 1796703

They also have a Toyota Hydrogen car (hydrogen to ICE) running an exhibition lap.
I like the idea of Hydrogen development way more than EV’s. It seems much more practical and common sense. I guess the politicians don’t get kickbacks from this method though.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Wonderful. Since Motortrend+ lost the live pre-race broadcast for the next ~2 hours, they've removed it from their menu selections.

Way to go Motortrend! ****heads.

Users who are viewing this thread