Modified 1992 LX 5.0 Swap

Meerology

Established Member
Hi guys,

I dont know if this has been answered before but I cant seem to find anything and please bare with me as this might get long.

I plan on getting a 1992 LX Notchback and a 1999-2004 either V6 or GT but leaning towards the V6 because its cheaper and an automatic because theyre easier to find.

First question is offcourse will the engine fit in a 1999-2004 SN-95. Its fully built and has a Paxton Novi 2000. Upon some research I found that the manual transmission is the same for both models (please correct me if Im wrong) so shouldnt have mounting/clearing issues for the transmission. All V6 models had the T5/T45 and until early 2001 GT which later switched to 3650. Will the transmission fit on a later GT or automatic?

The LX has headers as well, will these fit or do I need to fabricate ones?

What about the driveshaft, rear end, axles or anything else that can be swapped or I should change on the SN-95 to handle the power?

According to the seller these are some of the modifications on the LX that were done by B&D Racing in California, I will speak to him to give me the full list. And Ive attached a picture of the engine bay if need be.

-Cobra Clutch
-Billet Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
-Lucas oil stabilizer
-High performance thermostat
-High performance Coil
-Moroso coolant Expansion tank
-High performance throw out bearing
-Venting radiator cap
-Billet clutch Quadrant and fire wall adjuster
-Accufab throttle body
-Abaco digital Mass air meter
-Fule management system