Modding my GT500..need help!

TreFoose

Established Member
I am now the proud owner of a an 07 Alloy CC with satin silver stripes. I went ahead and dropped a bunch of money and have a pile of parts waiting to be put on. The list includes:

Steggy ported blower
2.6 upper
4 lb. lower
Whipple 160 Monoblade
AFCO H/E
full exhaust
C&L MAF
One piece driveshaft
4.10's

My question is this...would a good custom tune be able to make up the difference in fuel needs, or will other mods be necessary (i.e. Boost-a-pump, bigger injectors, etc.)?

Thanks

Last edited:

TreFoose

Established Member
I understand that it will have to be tuned regardless, but my question is whether or not it will need the fuel mods so that I can do them before I go to have it dyno tuned. That way I don't get charged $80 an hour to put the fuel mods on.

Joshua484

Established Member
You should not need any fuel upgrades at that power level if tuned correctly.

TreFoose

Established Member
I have heard and read a lot of good things about John Lund...I will give him a call. Thanks for the input guys.

TreFoose

Established Member
I contacted John and he called me back almost immediately. Really nice and super knowledgable guy! Discussed my mods and how to fine tune the files he sends me. Can't wait to get this thing going. Thanks John and thanks to everyone for the help!

Mustang_Racer

Established Member
you will be fine on fuel. I have almost the same setup. you should put down 600+ rwhp with that setup. that 4.10 gear may be a little to much. I have 3.73's and if I add many more go fast parts, i will be going into 5th thru the 1/4.

Users who are viewing this thread