Modded Evo vs stock 03 cobra...

1.8t

Established Member
I am not here to start anything, I had a great run w/ an 03 cobra and just wanted to share. My mods are cams, exhaust, intake, and a flash. Unlike most morons who like to brag about the millions of dollars they have in their cars, I pride myself on buying used and getting good deals. As such, I have $900 into my car including the tune and every mod. I dynoed 330awhp and 317awtq. Anyways, on to the good stuff. Our run started in second gear probalby about 35~40mph. I asked him if he wanted to go on three honks, he agreed. Honk it out three times and were off. To my surprise, I start to pull in second.....I get a fender on him and then shift. With the shift, he then pulls back and puts a fender on me and then shifts. After his shift, I pull back and get a fender to 1/2 a car on him and then shift. He pulls back and gets a fender to half a car on me and then shifts. I am in the meat of 4th gear and I pull back past him and put 1/2 a car on him and then we shut down(105mph or so). No doubt had we kept going, when I would have shifted to 5th, he would have made his pull like I was making mine. It was a DAMN good race and purely a race of gearing. The guy was really cool and gave me props instantly....asked me if I was stock , ha, I wish. I gave him props on his car as the thing sounded like a BEAST. Turns out he had a KB @ 19psi and a 100 shot.....j/k :loser: , he was stock with magnaflow mufflers, it sounded incredible. Anyways I am glad I raced the cobra owner that I did. He couldn't have been a cooler dude and was just out having fun. No ego busting, no "omg you ricer" talk.....just gave me a good race and had fun while doing it. Wish they could all be this way.

SVTSNK2004

Banned
You raced a stock Cobra or a KB Twin Screw blown Cobra? If it was the KB blown Cobra you are saying you took on a 10 sec car with the mods you listed. Right!!!

Marty98z

Established Member
um read the "j/k" he put right after the comment...good kill man. you guys need to learn how to shift though if you were losing that much ground between shifts.

Nate

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
SVTSNK2004 said:
You raced a stock Cobra or a KB Twin Screw blown Cobra? If it was the KB blown Cobra you are saying you took on a 10 sec car with the mods you listed. Right!!!

Your a dipshit. :poke: :bash: He's says at the end he's kidding. I think he know's better than to race a KB cobra with minor mods like he does, he'd get raped.

Anyways,..good race man. :thumbsup: Glad to see you to were cool about it.

3000ways

Established Member
Good race, I know it may not seem like it, but I have incredible respect for the Cobra. In my opinion for the money, there is no better straight line performer.

SVTSNK2004

Banned
steeda1982 said:
Your a dipshit. :poke: :bash: He's says at the end he's kidding. I think he know's better than to race a KB cobra with minor mods like he does, he'd get raped.

Anyways,..good race man. :thumbsup: Glad to see you to were cool about it.

I will read it slowler next time.

1.8t

Established Member
Not a chance. I can't even bat an eye at a bolt on cobra, much less a KB one. Remember, this guy was stock and for all intensive purposes, we were dead even. He just so happen to shut down when I was pulling as apposed to when he was.

Users who are viewing this thread