Modded '03 Cobra vs. Cammed '01 SS

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
Here is a little vid I mad for a friend and board member here (I hope he doesn't mind) racing an '01 SS with a good sized cam. Pretty sweet racing. In all of the runs (except for the last) the Cobra has a couple of passengers so I think he would do a bit better otherwise but the SS is a very quick car. :rockon:

** Had to take the video down. Apparently someone posted a link to this video on another forum and now most of my alotted bandwidth for the month has been used. :cuss: If anyone is interested in hosting it, please let me know via PM.

Last edited:

L3thal 324

Established Member
I love the racing down here in texas ESP houston soo many fast cars and sooo much fun good runs and AWESOME vid

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Oh damn, awesome cars, awesome runs, and most of all, awesome video. That SS sounds mean as hell, not a bad Cobra either. Next time tell the camreaman/woman to watch the car you are racin, not the gauges. Otherwise sweet video.

:beer: :rockon:

svess

Established Member
What's up with the speedo in the cobra... didn't look like an '03 cobra gauge cluster to me

cobravenom03

Very nice cars. Love them both. I have a 02 SS and Im looking for a cam. If you could please tell me what mods he has in it, I would really appreciate it. That camaro seems pretty damn fast to only have a cam and other little bolt ons. Are you sure it doesnt have heads too, because to keep up with a cobra thats modded like that is damn good.
Thanks Jason

RL1

Established Member
Originally posted by Steve-O
What's up with the speedo in the cobra... didn't look like an '03 cobra gauge cluster to me

I noticed that also, didn't say SVT in the cluster.

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
that cobra is slow there is another vid on this forum of a SS on nos that didnt beat a pullied cobra. must be driver...

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
The Cobra is an 03 and it's not slow. The SS is just quick! The SS is a six-speed car and has a FMS F11 cam which is a pretty good sized cam, longtubes offroad Y-pipe, lid and a ported TB. It was tuned at MTI and put down ~ 390RWHP. Weight with driver is a tad over 3500lbs so it's considerably lighter than an 03 Cobra. As I mentioned above, in most of the races the Cobra has 2 or 3 passengers versus just the driver and 1 passenger in the SS. Either way, there is no discounting the fact that the SS is fast, he went 12.2x @ 117 with a 2.0 60'

Last edited:

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
Originally posted by hmmmidunno
its also a known fact that F-Bodys weight more then stangs...just to add

I think you have it backwards, especially when we are talking about an 03 Cobra. A stock M6 SS with leather and T-tops should tip the scales ~ 3450lbs w/ a quarter tank of gas and NO driver.

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
yeh i just checked i always thought they weigh'd more because they cars themselves are 10" longer they have 1.1L more engine. but there is only a 100lbs difference not enough weight to make a major difference.

Jamie33

Up in smoke
Established Member
Originally posted by 02slpSS
Very nice cars. Love them both. I have a 02 SS and Im looking for a cam. If you could please tell me what mods he has in it, I would really appreciate it. That camaro seems pretty damn fast to only have a cam and other little bolt ons. Are you sure it doesnt have heads too, because to keep up with a cobra thats modded like that is damn good.
Thanks Jason

www.ls1tech.com

do some research before you buy a cam. FMS and many other vendors have cams for everyones needs

Jamie33

Up in smoke
Established Member
yeh i just checked i always thought they weigh'd more because they cars themselves are 10" longer they have 1.1L more engine. but there is only a 100lbs difference not enough weight to make a major difference.

cobras dont weight 3550

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye

They are fiberglass :shrug:

95snoozer

Established Member
the only thing worth watching is the veryy end

what was up with the first 2/3 of the vid I dont need to see peopels interiors with their cigarettes and a race where you cant see the outcome

waytofastvette

Buh Bye !
good races I just wish the camera person would have looked at the car that your raceing ! Just goes to show That the Ls1 when modded can be a killer motor

Users who are viewing this thread