~ Mod progression N/A

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Just curious what you guys would recommend, Progression wise, to get some more power out of the car!? Staying N/A
**EDITED

1. Mufflers (Purchased)
2. Mid Pipe (Purchased)
3. Tuner (VMP)
4. Intake (Purchased)
5. Accufab TB (Purchased)
6. Brake Upgrades (Lines, Fluid, Rotors, Calipers)

What's next?

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Longtubes would be the next best n/a mod to gain power, maybe a Boss intake manifold (minor gains), but lower control arms and an mgw would help you go faster.

Last edited:

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
Ive exchanged a few PM's with AED and already like the customer service and fast response. I get the feeling that im talking to an enthusiast, not a salesman. Im just waiting on my tuner that i purchased to get here so I can give him my money lol! Good luck!

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
Ive exchanged a few PM's with AED and already like the customer service and fast response. I get the feeling that im talking to an enthusiast, not a salesman. Im just waiting on my tuner that i purchased to get here so I can give him my money lol! Good luck!

This^

Shaun returns emails almost as fast as my mech returns txt's. Just waiting for my car to get back from LT install so I can give him my $$... Can't wait to hear how obnoxious the cam tune is with my exhaust set up :banana:

busarich

Established Member
I am super happy with shaun from aed. I was doing all of the data logs and sent him to him on a saturday morning, I figured that I wouldnt get a updated tune till monday night tuesday morning. Wrong saturday night I had the updated one. Probably the best customer service I have dealt with car wise.

pohnjarker

Established Member
I like the tune i got from Shaun at AED. his customer service is top notch also.

my old BAMA tune was decent, it didnt feel as fast as my old BBR tune but had much better driveability to me(wife hated the BBR tune, too jerky for her to use). BAMA tune was smooth. AED tune has best of both worlds, smooth as can be and it feels faster.

ViciousJay

Established Member
1. Tune
2. Mid Pipe
3. Boss Manifold
4. Gear (Depending on what you have now)
5. Suspension

forget the rest of the stuff! LT and Intakes wont help all that much

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
I went 13.5 stock with M6 on stock p-zeros. After a tune, jlt cai, LT's, o/r h-pipe, borla s-types, bbr lower control arms, relocation brackets, mt 275/60/15 drag radials. I went 12.057 with a 1.73 60'.

This can be achieved without long tubes but they sound badass and DO give you extra HP. Now they are worth buying if you can install yourself IMO

DIB5.0

Established Member
I think all you need is a good tune, VMP, AED, Lund a mid pipe,suspension and good tires. LT's and Boss intake is not worth bang for buck.

stang8psi

Established Member
I think all you need is a good tune, VMP, AED, Lund a mid pipe,suspension and good tires. LT's and Boss intake is not worth bang for buck.

X3 To much money for the little gain in performance.

Tune,Mid pipe, suspension DR's Will net you damn near Identical times as a LT, Boss Mani car..

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member

yup! thats exactly it! Hes a car NUT!! made a buisness doing what he loves, and it shows....not just some salesman

Songoku

What after this? I have intake, off road x, and tune. Im lowered but no other suspension work. I have a friend with a BT mazdaspeed3 that from a roll may be tough to beat. I'm just no thinking a boss intake is worth it, I may would try to get some shorty's to bolt up to my x, the LT's would be a pita.

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
X3 To much money for the little gain in performance.

Tune,Mid pipe, suspension DR's Will net you damn near Identical times as a LT, Boss Mani car..

x 4. I was considering a NA car build with a new intake, but these cars are not built (MT wise) for constant above 7k shifting. My car had immediate issues once I had the tune and started shifting around 7000-7100 rpm. .... and that is where all the extra power comes from on the BOSS, so I figured get the CAI, cat delete/x pipe, tune (if you bargin shop about a grand) and that's 40+ horse!

Don't forget BOB's oil separator, a must have once you start running this engine closer to the line, that oil in the intake can cause some serious issues.

Voltwings

Established Member
How "all motor" do you want to go. Do you want a Coyote that is not stock, or do you want the most from your car all motor?

Cobrajet manifold
Monoblade TB
5" intake
Headers
Cat deletes
Cams and/or heads
valves

its not hard (yet not cheap) to get 500-550 whp all motor from these cars, but you have to decide if thats what you want, or if you just want some bolt ons.

Angry50

Established Member
this is what im dealing with as well. I have O/R X pipe w bullet mufflers, intake, tune, steeda shifter. but trying to decide what next car came with 3.73 gears. ive looked at the boss manifold over and over again but doesn't seem worth it. next thing seems to be FI for money worth or nitrous.

Voltwings

Established Member
The thing most people dont understand about the Boss or Cobrajet manifolds is that they are worth it, IF you utilize it properly. Its basically like someone putting slicks and skinnies on, going to autocross and saying they suck... No they dont, you just didnt use them properly. Same principle, you have to be willing to drive your car how a Boss or CJ manifold wants to be driven.

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
absolutely, only for an MT car that means new clutch and pressure plate... the stock setup just doesn't work well about 7k. That's the major deterrent. I would love 500-550 horse NA, but not ready to yank the tranny yet LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread