Mod Motor engine builders in Houston?

DanielB

WHPPLD
Established Member
My motor started knocking a few weeks ago and after doing a leak down and compression test 2 cylinders are in the 120 range. One cylinder is leaking through the exhaust side and the other is leaking through on the intake side.

That being said, who have you guys had build your motors? As of right now I plan on taking my motor to LME based on their track record. Let me know what you guys suggest or who you have had experience with. Thanks!

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
ported_04 had his 03/04 built at Houston Performance when it crapped out and posted a thread with updates along the way. It seemed they treated him well and he was extremely pleased at the end of the process. Chris over there is a stand up guy and will take the time out of his day to make sure you're satisfied 100%. He's on vacation through the end of the week to my knowledge.

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
PSI i,am still waiting on a phone call from them on a tune 2 mouth and i have been trying to call them also.Try TSS i heard they are good.

Last edited:

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
Give up.... Been there done that with PSI..

I've never had work performed at PSI and therefore am an unbiased person. From what I've heard on here from members and Blaine the best way to get in touch with them is to stop by or leave a message as they are always busy and have a hard time answering the phone. The Houston folks always stand by PSI and have nothing but good things to say about their work so if the worst thing about them is reaching them because everyone goes there then so be it. Patrick also spent close to an hour on the phone with me when my engine was being built at another shop just to give me a second opinion which was greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Micah442

Blown 5.1L
Established Member
I've never had work performed at PSI and therefore am an unbiased person. From what I've heard on here from members and Blaine the best way to get in touch with them is to stop by or leave a message as they are always busy and have a hard time answering the phone. The Houston folks always stand by PSI and have nothing but good things to say about their work so if the worst thing about them is reaching them because everyone goes there then so be it. Patrick also spent close to an hour on the phone with me when my engine was being built at another shop just to give me a second opinion which was greatly appreciated.

Talk is cheap but when your not an experienced customer then you don't understand the full details of the business. I won't go into detail about this but there are better choices of shops around. In the big picture you can get better results in customer service and something done in a timely manner with fair pricing.

Jerry03cobra

Established Member

Well after spending over 4K you think they would call you or let you no whats going on.Pat is a cool guy i,am not saying nothing bad about him but i have went over there and called him and nothing.I had the same problem with other shop around here.Its hard to find a good shop that will take care of you.I,am going to try TSS next weekend.

Last edited:

operator1391

Established Member
Well after spending over 4K you think they would call you or let you no whats going on.Pat is a cool guy i,am not saying nothing bad about him but i have went over there and called him and nothing.I had the same problem with other shop around here.Its hard to find a good shop that will take care of you.I,am going to try TSS next weekend.PSI lost a good customer i just got a teksid block and i wanted them to build it for me but i will talk to TSS about it.

YOu will not regret it, TSS---real cool guys that will treat you right and are very knowledgeable in performance :thumbsup:

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
Dropped my cobra's engine at PSI, just got finished. I'm headed up there to pick it up Monday. Patrick won't steer you wrong.

txbull

Established Member
give les a call at quartermile solutions im betting he can give you a better deal plus the guy knows hels shit plus i have delt with him personally

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
ported_04 had his 03/04 built at Houston Performance when it crapped out and posted a thread with updates along the way. It seemed they treated him well and he was extremely pleased at the end of the process. Chris over there is a stand up guy and will take the time out of his day to make sure you're satisfied 100%. He's on vacation through the end of the week to my knowledge.

Yep I had my cobra built there and they did a great job. Actually, my car is at HP right now.:beer:

68gtscode

Established Member
I currently live in CA but may move to Houston in the near future. Can anyone provide feedback on Sticktly Performance?

Users who are viewing this thread