Mod help with my 04

GunmetalGT

Established Member
right now i have a 2004 mustang GT, i have only done a couple things.. Magnaflow Magna pack exhaust and JLT true cold air intake.. coming up i am thinking about putting a few more mods into my car. Right now i am looking at Steeda UD pulleys. and a New Throttle body (plz give sugestions on a brand). I dont know whether i shuold go for a short throw shifter or get a tune though. can i please get some feedback and sugestions on the throttle body. also tell em what kind and some links if possible.

thanks

GunmetalGT

Established Member
so you think i shuold toss the pulley idea and just get a tune and Throttlbody possibly a short throw shifter?

chicken714

NKAWTG
Established Member
Short throw shifters are nice, and if they have stops they help protect your shift forks too. The predator will probably help. I have a ford racing 75mm throttle body and matted with the bigger upper plenum (elbow) it helped some too.

Last edited:

faststang

Established Member
shifter with postive stops would be a plus to save your tranny, PRO 5.0 or Steeda!!

BigDaveDogg

Keepin' it real.
Established Member
I wouldn't mess with pullies at this point. I would definately recommend Dragon 75mm TB and Plenum-sounds cool too. I wouldn't buy any shifter other than the MGW. I recently installed mine, and it's amazing. I haven't got to handheld tuners yet, but I've heard great things about the SCT II...and some poor things about the Predator.

Last edited:

S.C.P.

WizardsCobra said:
When I had my GT Steeda UD Pulleys did nothing for my car. I had a Predator tune and that really woke the car up.

He never got the predator turner I bought it and he has not driven the car since then

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
The UD pullies was noticable on my 04 gt auto. Bought them used for 100 bucks. A good bang for buck, and a good excuse to replace our crappy ford squeaking belts with a gator back. :thumbsup:

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
yeah you definatley want some gears and a tune, I did that with my car and beleive me it helped a whole lot.

realaxed83

Established Member
I guess I will be an oddball and suggest accufab for tb+plenum. I have one on my cobra and love it. I have heard great things about the gt version as well. They had some problems when they first came out but all the bugs are pretty well worked out now. I just think that they are better quality then some of the others.

BigDaveDogg

Keepin' it real.
Established Member
realaxed83 said:
I guess I will be an oddball and suggest accufab for tb+plenum. I have one on my cobra and love it. I have heard great things about the gt version as well. They had some problems when they first came out but all the bugs are pretty well worked out now. I just think that they are better quality then some of the others.
If you don't go Dragon, go Accufab.

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
BigDaveDogg said:
If you don't go Dragon, go Accufab.

Another nod to Dragon. Their craftmanship is equal or greater then Accufab. Personally when I compare the accufab tb vs the dragon, the dragon beats it as far as build quality. The Accufab plenum might net you a slightly bigger gain though.

bssmith1220

Established Member
I recently got a predator tuner, I picked up 4rwhp and 8rwtq (peak #'s) and about 10-12 lt-lbs throughout the lower rpms range. I also saw a dyno shootout with upper plenums and the accufab made about 3-4 hp more than the others.

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
bssmith1220 said:
I recently got a predator tuner, I picked up 4rwhp and 8rwtq (peak #'s) and about 10-12 lt-lbs throughout the lower rpms range. I also saw a dyno shootout with upper plenums and the accufab made about 3-4 hp more than the others.

Yah on MD website. But MD sells Accufab. It's suppose to be independant test but I'd prefer to see another test from a different party to confirm it. MPH sells dragon and they swear that the while accufab is great, Dragon performs just as good on their dynos. :shrug:

Darkman

Rolling Thunder
Established Member
Here is a thought you want to drop roughly $500.00 correct? for what gain? Maybe 10-15hp compare that to 100-125hp for a good nitrous kit. Gears and a short throw shifter for the cost are also rewarding. So many people get wrapped around the wheel on the little bling stuff. Yes, a good TB and pulleys will add hp but for immediate fun and the most gain that is the route I would go.

Users who are viewing this thread