Mod-Friendly?

Spud04

Established Member
How did y'all go about finding out if your dealer was mod friendly?

I'm soon to get a cobra, and don't really want to just ask them. Reason being is, some sells people usually do not care/know.

Just wonderin!?

Oh, and any known mod-friendly dealers in DFW?

thanks
spud

YELL03

Established Member
Go meet the service department and talk to them.

The SVT mechanic where I bough mine is cool, I hooked him up by telling him about $2000 of parts that were left on my 2000 GT I traded in and he had a 2000 GT also. He said any work I need done just let him know.

He ended up cherry picking my Magnapack catback, Magnaflow catted x, Cobra tank and pumps, and 3.73 rear, then he swapped in his stock stuff.:)

As far as where I will have mine serviced, my local SVT Certified dealer is cool.
I buy the service manager and lead tech lunch every time my car goes in for service. ($10-$20 in a white envelope is cool)
If there is a problem, lunch ends up being a little nicer, but I ended up with a new tranny and rebuilt engine on my Blown 2000 GT last year for a total of $350.

This still doesn't help if a Factory rep comes out, so be prepared to put your car back to stock. That is why my only mods ordered so far are mod friendly or easily reversed and a tune that can be flashed back to stock.

I'm hoping I am satisfied with the power without a 2.8 pulley.:-D

Good luck,
Howard

Last edited:

Spud04

Established Member
Originally posted by YELL03
Go meet the service department and talk to them.

The SVT mechanic where I bough mine is cool, I hooked him up by telling him about $2000 of parts that were left on my 2000 GT I traded in and he had a 2000 GT also. He said any work I need done just let him know.

He ended up cherry picking my Magnapack catback, Magnaflow catted x, Cobra tank and pumps, and 3.73 rear, then he swapped in his stock stuff.:)

As far as where I will have mine serviced, my local SVT Certified dealer is cool.
I buy the service manager and lead tech lunch every time my car goes in for service. ($10-$20 in a white envelope is cool)
If there is a problem, lunch ends up being a little nicer, but I ended up with a new tranny and rebuilt engine on my Blown 2000 GT last year for a total of $350.

This still doesn't help if a Factory rep comes out, so be prepared to put your car back to stock. That is why my only mods ordered so far are mod friendly or easily reversed and a tune that can be flashed back to stock.

I'm hoping I am satisfied with the power without a 2.8 pulley.:-D

Good luck,
Howard

Sounds like a plan!!

All I really wanna go with is a cat-back, 2.8 pulley, chip, and cai.

Just the basic's for a while.

Anyone know If I cut up my dash and put a saleen (ithink) gauge cluster thing on top of the radio area. If they dealer could void anything by that?

YELL03

Established Member
Don't cut your dash.:nonono:

If anything buy a seperate boost gauge and maybe a rich/lean gauge for your a-pillar , but it is not gonna make you run any faster.:)

Howard

Spud04

Established Member
Originally posted by YELL03
Don't cut your dash.:nonono:

If anything buy a seperate boost gauge and maybe a rich/lean gauge for your a-pillar , but it is not gonna make you run any faster.:)

Howard

Well what I was 'planning' on doing, is maybe by a stocker dash cut it up. Then put a EGT, Nitrous gauges in the saleen type thing. Then just have a full pillar (1) boost gauge in the a-pilla
r.

Only if I hook up the nitrous setup tho. Which I probally will, I loved that crap in my old car.

Users who are viewing this thread