Mod Friendly Dealer in NE PA/NW NJ?

Quick Strike

Established Member
It looks like my T-56 is about to give up. It has had a rear seal problem almost from day one even before the mods. The dealer was willing to replace the whole transmission for the seal at an early point. The seal has been replaced twice since then, and it was very low on fluid once. It think the time it got low on fluid was the beginning of the end for it. My local SVT Tech is telling me that they may replace the trans, but the regional SVT Rep will void the warranty for any other work when he sees my mods. Please PM me a name and number if you know a dealer in northeast PA or northwestern NJ that could get the trans replaced under warranty without voiding my warranty. I would like them to install a 26-spline input shaft, Chicago Cooling Mod and new DFX clutch while they are at it.

Any help would be much appreciated! :beer:

2003 Silver

Banned
Quick Strike said:
It looks like my T-56 is about to give up. It has had a rear seal problem almost from day one even before the mods. The dealer was willing to replace the whole transmission for the seal at an early point. The seal has been replaced twice since then, and it was very low on fluid once. It think the time it got low on fluid was the beginning of the end for it. My local SVT Tech is telling me that they may replace the trans, but the regional SVT Rep will void the warranty for any other work when he sees my mods. Please PM me a name and number if you know a dealer in northeast PA or northwestern NJ that could get the trans replaced under warranty without voiding my warranty. I would like them to install a 26-spline input shaft, Chicago Cooling Mod and new DFX clutch while they are at it.

Any help would be much appreciated! :beer:

Who's your local dealer...I may be in your area. Coccia...my local....said the rep would not do any repairs under warranty on anything over a catback and CAI.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Well, you may have a problem with this. It may not matter how friendly the dealer is. On major component warranties, many times the SVT service rep comes to inspect the car. In that case, you're toast. You will lose your warranty AND have the tranny claim denied. I really don't know what to tell you other than if you play you pay. I think that's the case here. I guess you could try it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Quick Strike

Established Member
As I understand it, Ford needs to prove the part failure was the result of the mod to deny the warranty. The problem here predated the mods, is documented in my service record and has continued to deteriorate. I was offered a trans swap at 2k miles, but elected to keep it OE and wait until a part # was available for the seal. The seal has been changed twice since then under warranty, and I am sure there was more then a seal issue from the start. I am OK if Ford wants to void the engine warranty, and replace the trans. But, Ford has been voiding entire warranty’s for mods, and a lawyer is needed to get them to replace things that should still be covered. I want to avoid that situation entirely, and don't have the time or $ for a lawyer. That is why I am looking for a dealer that can work with me.

Last edited:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Good luck with that argument...it has been won exactly once that I know of....and that was by an attorney who owned the car. And by the way, his warranty was voided immediately after they paid the claim.

Since you have a history of a problem, you may get lucky...but again, don't be surprised if you lose the rest of your drivetrain warranty. Personally, I think once the SVT rep sees the mods, he will turn everything down. The dealer may not get a choice in the matter either...regardless of how friendly he is. Depends on whether or not the service rep wants to do an inspection. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread