MO: 97 rio red cobra project $4000

1999blackSVT

Established Member
CAR IS LOCATED IN COLUMBIA MISSOURI:

Up for sale is a 97 rio red cobra. 95k on the motor, has rebuilt rear end with 4:10's, and a new T-45 from ford. It does need some work and has some issues but is a very solid project and probally the cheapest 4v cobra out there. The vehicle is a prior salvage and from what I was told it was in a flood. I cannot confirm this but the interior has no smells and all electronics work besides cruise control. The issues are mainly body, paint, throwout bearing, and needs some new hydraulic valve lash adjusters. I've found a set of 32 valve lash adjusters for under $200, and throwouts can be had dirt cheap. I'd fix the issues I just have no time at the moment. I am firm on the price and if I don't get what I'm asking I'll just keep it.

Engine-
JLT ram air intake
BBK off road H pipe
SLP Loud mouth II catback
4:10's
pro 5.0 shifter
King Cobra clutch
Dallas speed cal

Interior-
Sony 4 channel amp
new speakers
pioneer sub
JVC mp3

Issues-
Drivers seat has tears
previous owner painted some interior peices (looks like shit)
Throwout bearing squeel
lifters on drivers side ticking
Body part issues

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

stang144.jpg

stang145.jpg

stang146.jpg

stang147.jpg

stang148.jpg

stang150.jpg

stang149.jpg

stang151.jpg

stang152.jpg

stang153.jpg

stang154.jpg

stang155.jpg

stang156.jpg

stang130.jpg

1999blackSVT

Established Member
Cold Start engine noise:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpFVg5XP4eo"]‪97 cobra engine noise‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

Full operating temp noises goes away. Can also hear the throwout squeel:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQHBFmkXOIA"]‪20110730193503‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

1999blackSVT

Established Member
It needs some TLC but I've seen far worse. The body work isn't what I'd consider major. Find a couple doors in the same color combo and the body would be great. Hell for under $200 you can replace the throwout and all 32 lash adjusters. A little elbow grease and this could be a nice car agian. Just thought I'd throw it up to see the interest. I just have no time to work on it at the moment with school and the military.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
It needs some TLC but I've seen far worse. The body work isn't what I'd consider major. Find a couple doors in the same color combo and the body would be great. Hell for under $200 you can replace the throwout and all 32 lash adjusters. A little elbow grease and this could be a nice car agian. Just thought I'd throw it up to see the interest. I just have no time to work on it at the moment with school and the military.

oh I agree. I was actually busting lobras balls GLWS

Users who are viewing this thread