MMV-4 planning suffers manipulation attempt

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Yeah, thats right, the planning of MMV-4 here in FL is already suffering manipulation attemps by a certain person who wants to typically cash in.

Keep your grubby hands off! :cuss:

Need something to keep busy, why don't you assist the Priest with his car for starters! :nonono:

BruteForce

MMnet Reject
Established Member
You really thought you'd be able to use the Marauderville name for your venue and leave out an MM.net vendor? Not likely folks. No horse in this race. Just an observation is all.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
BruteForce said:
You really thought you'd be able to use the Marauderville name for your venue and leave out an MM.net vendor? Not likely folks. No horse in this race. Just an observation is all.

Every vendor is invited to participate. However this event will be planned by the members for the members. Attempts to take over complete control by a vendor who seeks to change it's physical location to near his shop away from Orlando and the attractions, schedule his exclusive dyno days, corral SCT tuning exclusively when Diablo is also in this state and may want to represent themselves there, and dictate what kind of food will be eaten will not be tolerated.

Thanks for the attention span.

BruteForce

MMnet Reject
Established Member
Now that you've made some details public, I can see why you'd be annoyed and would certainly agree. When I responded earlier, I had no information other than your original less than informative post.

Why do you feel you need to be snide?

tmac1337 said:
Every vendor is invited to participate. However this event will be planned by the members for the members. Attempts to take over complete control by a vendor who seeks to change it's physical location to near his shop away from Orlando and the attractions, schedule his exclusive dyno days, corral SCT tuning exclusively when Diablo is also in this state and may want to represent themselves there, and dictate what kind of food will be eaten will not be tolerated.

BigMerc

No one's buddy
Established Member
Quote "Why do you feel you need to be snide?".

Because he's an A$$wipe, and thats what they do.

I think it's the roids,

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
BruteForce said:
Why do you feel you need to be snide?

Sorry, I didn't mean to be snide. Others can make personal attacks against me for bringing the truth out, but that does not change the truth, and when the truth is based on all the emails that are recieved and forwarded on, it cannot be hidden.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
BigMerc said:
I think it's the roids,

Hey, best buddy, this is a constant thing, I tell the truth and you keep making personal attacks. Whatever :shrug:

Last edited:

2Marauders

FordNut was already taken
Established Member
tmac1337 said:

So just how many "members" do you think would vote for Orlando over Gainesville? It is a car event, not a Disney vacation. Since 90% or more of the modified Marauders use SCT chips and tuning, just how much interest do you see in Diablo's offerings? Nobody else seems to be complaining.

klmore

Established Member
2Marauders said:
So just how many "members" do you think would vote for Orlando over Gainesville? It is a car event, not a Disney vacation. Since 90% or more of the modified Marauders use SCT chips and tuning, just how much interest do you see in Diablo's offerings? Nobody else seems to be complaining.

I would actually prefer Gainsville. For the sole reason of distance. If I am going to drive all the way there, it would help out not to have to go any further south than necessary.

The members from the south could come up and the northern members wouldn't have to drive as far. It is really a win/win deal.

The food I could care less about.

BigMerc

No one's buddy
Established Member
I actually agree with you some times, but you manipulate it to suit your interests.

I doubt STRONGLY that if Diablo wanted it near them you would have said ANYTHING except ..."Great!!!"

Your personal vendettas override any of your points (many that are valid) as they don't have anything but YOUR personal troubles interlaced amongst them, thats why.

Everyone knows (ad nauseum) you cant stand Rhinehart, you can't stand SCT. we know, we know....... go to your happy place....(the procharger home page) and relax...

If you just said "why don't we have it....(insert location) and state your reasons, (that don't include your past experiences) I would listen to them.

I like the Gainesville idea also because of the track, lets get some runs in, who knows .

by the way who is taking on this monster as far as organizing?

BigMerc

No one's buddy
Established Member
P.S. TMAC.............I'm your father...... (said in James Earl Jones voice)

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
klmore said:
I would actually prefer Gainsville. For the sole reason of distance. If I am going to drive all the way there, it would help out not to have to go any further south than necessary.

The members from the south could come up and the northern members wouldn't have to drive as far. It is really a win/win deal.

The food I could care less about.

Some time ago on MM.net we did a survey poll and Florida was voted a great place to have MV IV. Many members liked the idea of Orlando to leave the cold and come here to warm Florida. While we are doing our Marauder thing, the wife and familys could enjoy Disney and the attractions. Both tracks are good tracks, but with cost free shuttle buses available to the attractions, the track close and numerous restaurants in the area, many prefered Orlando.

On Saturday, October 29th at test n tune at Bradenton many of the SSM group will be there to discuss planning and a committee for the event. We are looking at April school vacation time as a possible date consideration.

The "group will decide" if we (SSM) are going to try to organize and sponsor MV IV.

Logan

Established Member
Don't understand the problem. Dennis is welcome to make his suggestions to you, just as anyone else is, myself included. You're just as welcome to disregard them as a group and present your plan for MV IV. 'nuff said. Doesn't need to be some massive controversy. Decide what's best for the regional club and go for it!!

If the vendors want to support you and get in front of their customers, they will, regardless of where it is.

Can't blame a guy for wanting it in his backyard. I'd just as soon you all came back to Texas again so I don't have to be the one travellin'!!! ;)

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
Logan said:
Don't understand the problem. Dennis is welcome to make his suggestions to you, just as anyone else is, myself included. You're just as welcome to disregard them as a group and present your plan for MV IV. 'nuff said. Doesn't need to be some massive controversy. Decide what's best for the regional club and go for it!!

If the vendors want to support you and get in front of their customers, they will, regardless of where it is.

Can't blame a guy for wanting it in his backyard. I'd just as soon you all came back to Texas again so I don't have to be the one travellin'!!! ;)

"Everyone" is encouraged to make suggestions. Dennis is aware and has been invited to the meeting to make his points as well. The bigger picture here is, "if" our group is going to get together to organize the event in the first place. Hopefully we will. :-D Several of us here in Florida are willing to make the committment to put MV IV :thumbsup:

Last edited:

2Marauders

FordNut was already taken
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
Some time ago on MM.net we did a survey poll and Florida was voted a great place to have MV IV. Many members liked the idea of Orlando to leave the cold and come here to warm Florida. While we are doing our Marauder thing, the wife and familys could enjoy Disney and the attractions. Both tracks are good tracks, but with cost free shuttle buses available to the attractions, the track close and numerous restaurants in the area, many prefered Orlando.

On Saturday, October 29th at test n tune at Bradenton many of the SSM group will be there to discuss planning and a committee for the event. We are looking at April school vacation time as a possible date consideration.

The "group will decide" if we (SSM) are going to try to organize and sponsor MV IV.
Not sure how others feel but I know if I'm gonna foot the bill for Disney I'm gonna be there. So Disney and MV IV are two mutually exclusive events. Now maybe an extended stay, maybe 2-3 days for MV IV and a few more days for Disney, but then it doesn't matter how close MV is to Orlando.

This whole thread came up because Dennis responded to a west coast request for MV IV. If y'all want to be TMAC's puppets and try to shut Dennis out of it, you'll probably just be having another SSM regional event because many of the MM.net members will boycott it. And maybe even go to Dennis' anyway just to spite you.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
:thumbsup: I do not care if the event were to be held in Gainesville or Orlando, as I would be there to see the cars and meet the folks, both just a few hours.

1. As a courtesy and to make the event a little more interesting for those who do not have Disney or the other parks in their backyard and might want to let the family jump on a free shuttle to a park while us amateur drag racers run around, Orlando is a good choice because all it offers.

2. A lot of people, including myself, thought it a little odd and too forward for a person to be sending emails around stating he was basically planning the whole event himself, BBQ food included, right down to the track and his own dyno. Sorry, but that was very pushy and went down before the MEMBERS even had met yet to initiate some general planning after the poll on MM.net.

3. As far as sponsers, any business is welcome. The emails I read only referred to SCT. That's okay. But a few of us in FL and elseware, although we are a minority, use Diablo and they are based in FL, as SCT is based in Orlando too, so to be fair if Scott Beer wants to show up and do some tuning for the Diablo guys, he should be welcome and not excluded because of friendship a certain person has based on financial reasons.

4. There are a lot of speed shops in Orlando, I'm sure one would love to host dyno's and is affilliated with SCT. Easy.

5. I think logan is right, the event should be held in TX at his house so we all can do burnout outside on his street and in his driveway :rockon: I call first div's on napping on his couch and drinking all his beer :thumbsup:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
2Marauders said:
This whole thread came up because Dennis responded to a west coast request for MV IV. If y'all want to be TMAC's puppets and try to shut Dennis out of it, you'll probably just be having another SSM regional event because many of the MM.net members will boycott it. And maybe even go to Dennis' anyway just to spite you.

Do what you have to do. But remember just the opposite can happen as well.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
2Marauders said:
Not sure how others feel but I know if I'm gonna foot the bill for Disney I'm gonna be there. So Disney and MV IV are two mutually exclusive events. Now maybe an extended stay, maybe 2-3 days for MV IV and a few more days for Disney, but then it doesn't matter how close MV is to Orlando.

Actually, I didn't even know about the west coast thing. There has been discussion for months here in Florida at our meets about hosting MV IV. Nobody is being anyone's puppets. Vendor business is vendor business. It doesn't belong in the organization of the overall group event. Experience is welcomed and of course vendor participation. Dennis suggested Gainesville, most of us were looking at Orlando. Period. Outside issues between members and vendors has really nothing to do with SSM wanting to host MV IV. We are looking at this to be a great event for all. MM members and their families. Like you said, who wouldn't want to go to Disney. I live here and I may spend some time at Disney myself. We just want to put on a great event.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread