MMR/Manley Forged Pistons - Worlds fastest & strongest 4.6/5.4 modular pistons! SALE!

96dreamer

Established Member
I assume these would hold up fine in a nitro us application? Is the standard pin 4130 and also does it come with rings or only the options listed?

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Correct, nitrous, blower or Turbo are just fine, these include Chromoly pins std. Rings are not included, they are $139.99 for the Total seal Moly or $289 for Total seal AP steel (suggested for high HP nitrous applications)

96dreamer

Established Member
What alloy chromoly is the standard pin that's included and what is the wall thickness? Also wall thickness of the upgraded pin? Looking to buy soon with tax return money, just figuring out all the details.

EDIT: Also are Spiro locks available as an upgrade, if so how much?

Last edited:

bogdansnotch

Established Member
my builder ordered these pistons back in September (paid your retail price), its February and still no pistons. your rep sends the wrong ones in november because he was in a hurry and didn't want to listen about which stroker kit I have and now nobody knows when the new ones are shipping, great service after spending thousands before :mj:

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Very sorry to hear about this, there is however another side to your story. When your builder ordered these pistons he stated he needed pistons for a 3.750 stroker crank which is what we sent, what he failed to state was that it was a Chinese Stroker kit. Long story short (and as you are already aware) the Chinese kits use a special rod length (different from the common 5.850" rod length). We are certainly sorry for the delay it has caused you and we are working to rush a set of pistons through right now as a courtesy. A rep will be calling you later today to touch base with you today.

Edit: Just spoke to your engine builder and we are working to get this taken care of for you. We are requesting Manley to expedite this order for you and again apologize for the delay this mis-communication may have caused.

Last edited:

bogdansnotch

Established Member
Very sorry to hear about this, there is however another side to your story. When your builder ordered these pistons he stated he needed pistons for a 3.750 stroker crank which is what we sent, what he failed to state was that it was a Chinese Stroker kit. Long story short (and as you are already aware) the Chinese kits use a special rod length (different from the common 5.850" rod length). We are certainly sorry for the delay it has caused you and we are working to rush a set of pistons through right now as a courtesy. A rep will be calling you later today to touch base with you today.

Edit: Just spoke to your engine builder and we are working to get this taken care of for you. We are requesting Manley to expedite this order for you and again apologize for the delay this mis-communication may have caused.

thank you, I appreciate it. cant wait to get them

bogdansnotch

Established Member
my builders, you should know by now since he has been calling almost every other day and getting the run around from you guys

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
my builders, you should know by now since he has been calling almost every other day and getting the run around from you guys

My apologies, this is the first time I have dealt with this order (we have many employees here)

After looking into this, he has not been getting ANY run around from US, please understand, your order was placed with MANLEY (the manufacturer), you are welcome to contact them directly to verify this, the delay has had nothing to do with our company, we certainly apologize that there has been a delay but we have zero control over it. I have checked with our ordering dept and they have sent Manley a email requesting a update, we will call you as soon as we have a update from Manley, and again, you are also welcome to call them directly.

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
just ordered mine last week. hope i don't run into the same issues.

There are usually no problems with special orders, the problem on this particular order started because the engine builder did not know that he had a chinese crank that used a odd rod length, the first set of pistons showed up quickly but were unfortunately made for a std stroker crank (not the odd size) , there were ZERO error's on our part, we have worked with the shop to get the correct pistons ordered and placed the order immediately with Manley whom we are now waiting on, hopefully his will be here anyday!

bogdansnotch

Established Member
There are usually no problems with special orders, the problem on this particular order started because the engine builder did not know that he had a chinese crank that used a odd rod length, the first set of pistons showed up quickly but were unfortunately made for a std stroker crank (not the odd size) , there were ZERO error's on our part, we have worked with the shop to get the correct pistons ordered and placed the order immediately with Manley whom we are now waiting on, hopefully his will be here anyday!

we told u the exact stroker kit with part number from eagle. will continue waiting since I have no choice now

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
we told u the exact stroker kit with part number from eagle. will continue waiting since I have no choice now

Correct, but he failed to mention that he told us this the second time, not the first time, in fact we had to contact Eagle because he did not know the specs (the second time)! Regardless, we are exchanging them for you as a courtesy - we are sorry that you are caught in the middle.

EDIT: Manley just returned our call, they stated the pistons are in QC now and will be shipping today, they are shipping directly to you to prevent any further delay - thank you for the order and again, our apologies for Manleys Delay.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread