MMR issue

RFM50

Established Member
Ok I'm not bashing them but don't want anyone to run into the problem I had. The machine shop was supposed to be finishing up my build Friday so I could get the motor back in this weekend. Well I got a call around 2:30 Friday saying the oil pump gears weren't going to work and were too small. Well come to find out MMR sent the wrong ones. They sent the gears for a 3 valve. MMR offered to Saturday deliver them but it does me no good because the machine shop isn't open today. So now I have to wait until Tuesday to get my motor back and won't be able to get it back in until next weekend. Like I said I'm not bashing them just saying to check your part numbers when you get them.

RusWolf

Established Member
That's inconvenient, but the good side of mmr is shown by their offer of overnight shipping the part to you. (I assume at no cost). If you would have spotted the issue on thursday for example you would have had your new part on friday by noon.

RFM50

Established Member
Ya that's why I said I wasn't bashing them. Unfortunately I didn't receive the parts to me and had them dropped shipped to the machine shop. So I couldn't check the part numbers.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Hey its still the vendors fault. You pay for a part ment for your car an get a part that's not for your car. That 100% isn't the buyers fault. Part of doing business is making sure your are selling the right parts.

RFM50

Established Member
Hey its still the vendors fault. You pay for a part ment for your car an get a part that's not for your car. That 100% isn't the buyers fault. Part of doing business is making sure your are selling the right parts.

I totally agree! I would be lying if I didn't say that I was pretty pissed when this screwed me from getting my motor back this weekend. I had extra help and now it's going to be just me and my brother in law putting this in next weekend on the same weekend as my wife's birthday. I need to get it in though.

Last edited:

Teej281

Established Member
^^^yea you do! It's wifey's birthday, so you need to give her at least a little something. ;) best of luck though man. Once you get the car all back together, it'll all be worth it!

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
It sux, but honest mistakes happen. It sure seems like they were great about doing all they can to make it right! Hope it all works out in the end man. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread