MMR Hurricane Billet Oil Pump Gears for 2011-2016 GT & BOSS - LIFETIME WARRANTY

TClark22

Established Member
Have mine sitting in my box o parts waiting to go on the motor build. They are a beautiful piece.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Ya smart ass the question was more if they are guaranteed for life and one fails then what?

We have had zero failures so I think we would cross that bridge should we ever come to it. The gears either way have a lifetime warranty to the original owner and would be replaced if one was ever to fail, this gear has been in production however for 5+ years with over 2000 sold and zero failures. :beer:

TClark22

Established Member
I saw a post on facebook of someones MMR gears chewed up.

but i don't think it was the gears fault. Looked like some shavings was in the oil and bounced around in the gears. They checked the gears after they drained out the break in oil for whosever motor it was

Do you guys have some installation instructions? I have mine sitting for my build...don't think i will install them at first since i will be N/a for a while and to prevent from the same thing i saw on facebook happening.

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The only way gears get chewed up is if something goes through them, here is a picture of a melling oil pump gear that had bearing material go through it. Our point, any gear that sucks up material or debris will look chewed up!

melling%20gears.jpg

TClark22

Established Member
The only way gears get chewed up is if something goes through them, here is a picture of a melling oil pump gear that had bearing material go through it. Our point, any gear that sucks up material or debris will look chewed up!

melling%20gears.jpg

Saw something like this on facebook but with your gears...and oh boy were they hating on you guys. The typical bs you know. And only a few people like myself chimed in to say that would happen to anyones gears if something got into the oil like shavings...

I actually have a question. I have your gears sitting in my pile of parts for my build. Would you recommend using the stock pump/gears to break the engine in just to prevent that from happening to a brand new $300 gear set? Then change the gears after the first oil change or so? I'm not going boosted yet (as I've run out of cash) so I'll just be running my built motor N/a for a season or 2 until I can go turbo. And any install instructions?

Users who are viewing this thread