MMR Coil Over??????

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Well like the title says. I have the MMR Coil Over for my front end and things aren't working out so good. The blue coil over will not go over my damn strut(lakewood) :fm:. MMR said "oh it works perfect with Lakewood struts". Since they said that I figured it would slip right over. So my question is has anyone ever had this happen to them? And should I just (or do I have to) grind the top lip so the coil over slides over it:shrug:?

I'll post a picture of what I am talking about a little later.

Last edited:

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
I have the exact same setup. You have 2 options. Either grind down the top plate on the strut to allow the coil over to slide over or remove the top plate. I "think" the directions may show that. Its been awhile since I put them on. -Mark

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
This is what I am talking about:fm:
IMG_6490.jpg

pain in the asss:??::??:
IMG_6491.jpg

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
I have the exact same setup. You have 2 options. Either grind down the top plate on the strut to allow the coil over to slide over or remove the top plate. I "think" the directions may show that. Its been awhile since I put them on. -Mark

Directions from MMR???? I didn't get any. I was also a little upset about that. I guess I am going to be grinding my struts!! That sucks!

coolguy10786

Established Member
I had that problem with mu strange struts and turns out the sent me ones for a foxbody.

That doesn't even look like it will clear if you take that cap off.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Yep that's exactly what I saw when I got mine. I grinded mine down and it fit. It looks like chit but the dust cover hides it. -Mark

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
i just put the strut in a vise and took a screwdriver and hammer and knocked it off. It isn't just MMR coilovers you have to do this with though, we had to do it to my roomate's Mach when he put on his D&D coilovers. if it would just slip over that, tehn it would be loose on the base and would rattle like shit. You will be happy with the MMR coilovers, I have them on my Cobra and they were a huge improvemtn over the Eibach drag springs i had before.

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
You will be happy with the MMR coilovers, I have them on my Cobra and they were a huge improvemtn over the Eibach drag springs i had before.

I'm hoping so. It just sucks that there is still freakin snow on the ground:fm:. So now I have all kinds of crap on my car that I haven't tested:pepper::pepper:.

Users who are viewing this thread