MMR 900se/Stage 3 ported Trick Flows & Cams

stone4779

Established Member
What yall think it might make? Ive never built one before..

Boss 302 block / 5.15L
9:1 CR for boost later
ported stage 3 trick flows, stage 3 MMR camshafts
billet oil pump gears
edelbrock intake w/ a bbk throttle body etc
upgraded fuel rails, fuel pump
60# injectors

through stock T45 w/ a SPEC Stage 3

stock GT rear

Just curious what I should expect? Because I cant seem to find much info on what they usually push. Gonna run N/A for a while, boost probably next year

Its getting tuned by a reputable tuner in San Antonio..

Last edited:

02blownGT

Established Member
I assume they are blower cams?And if your gonna boost the motor later look into the RR or P51 intake i dont like that typhoon intake.Also If it was me i would strongly suggest stg 2 cams they have a much better powerband.Most important thing is avg power not peak power.But as far as what to expect for power N/A,Its hard to say forsure as i havent seen many 5.1s with blower cams running N/A but i think 400 would be generous and i would be really happy with it.But my conservative guess is in the 350-375 range with equal torque. That low comp and blower cams are gonna cost you power N/A.Looks like a stout build that will make great numbers with some boost.

stone4779

Established Member
I assume they are blower cams?And if your gonna boost the motor later look into the RR or P51 intake i dont like that typhoon intake.Also If it was me i would strongly suggest stg 2 cams they have a much better powerband.Most important thing is avg power not peak power.But as far as what to expect for power N/A,Its hard to say forsure as i havent seen many 5.1s with blower cams running N/A but i think 400 would be generous and i would be really happy with it.But my conservative guess is in the 350-375 range with equal torque. That low comp and blower cams are gonna cost you power N/A.Looks like a stout build that will make great numbers with some boost.

Yeah that sounds about right, I know the blower cams are gonna cost a little..

I think we *may slap a wet kit and run a small shot just to keep homeboy happy for a while..idk its up to him, we'll seee

I'd be very pleased with 400rwhp N/a...

I was asking because I dont really normally do mustangs, and Ive seen even less running those blower cams

I check the specs on the cams and I thought they were kinda hefty for a 2v with a relatively small displacement....

I bet it makes some really good numbers on the boost though!

stone4779

Established Member
Oh yeah, quick question....

With the 255lph Walbro, how big a shot of nitrous could I run and not work the fuel pump too hard?

I figure 100 shot and call it a day?

:shrug:

SCalla1384

Established Member
I dont think your running near enough compression for 400rwhp. I believe Stage 3 MMR cams, are almost identical to Comp 278's. I think youll be around 340-350rwhp. To get near 400rwhp NA on a 2V, you would need much more aggressive cams. Like MHS stage 4, and about 11:1 or 12:1 compression.

stone4779

Established Member
I dont think your running near enough compression for 400rwhp. I believe Stage 3 MMR cams, are almost identical to Comp 278's. I think youll be around 340-350rwhp. To get near 400rwhp NA on a 2V, you would need much more aggressive cams. Like MHS stage 4, and about 11:1 or 12:1 compression.

ok, thanks for the info guys... I was hoping for an easy 400 but Im sure it'll still be fast, especially for him..I think the fastest thing hes had is a bolton 'stang so Im sure 350-360 + a small shot of nitrous will keep him busy until next year..will give him a little time to practice :)

Mike@TF

Established Member
with the compression being that low i say 320 but its built for boost so n/a numbers dont matter... hell i can bet it will be in the 320-330 range depending on how hard mike leans on it..you have alot of injectors you will probably have to swap them out..dont think they can tune 60s that low on a setup like this but i could be wrong...bad thing is your entire setup is built for high rpm which you cant do since your limited to the stock computer..car will pretty much have no low end grunt but will start to pull great i say 4500 rpms and up( give or take a little)

mmr cams when it comes to blower and n/a cams to 2v arent really custom..just off the shelf comp cams..

but when boost it should roll out pretty damn good...

1MeanNonPI2v

Established Member

stone4779

Established Member
Here is my Boss block 2v build. I am expecting around 440-450 crank horsepower N/A with 11:1 compression.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/sn-95-new-edge-mustangs-62/855758-my-2v-4-6l-engine-build.html

I am running Ford Racing SVO non PI heads, fully ported with Comp Cams XE278AH-13 cams.

The Trick Flow 2v heads should make more power than mine, so you are on the right path.

Thanks man, thats a nice setup there. What kinda times you planning to tick off with that bad boy?

1MeanNonPI2v

Established Member
Thanks man, thats a nice setup there. What kinda times you planning to tick off with that bad boy?

Building the car primarily for road racing and auto cross, but when it goes to the strip i expect to run in the 11s on motor and in the 10s once it gets the bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread