MMR 5.0 stroker

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Does anyone have a MMR 5.0 stroker kit on their terminator? If so, how much power did you gain? I'm thinking about getting one.

:beer:

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
Just going to say what everyone was thinking so don't shoot the messenger...

Don't buy from MMR

/thread

RS22

Established Member
Why spend 3 grand to gain 40 hp and 40 torque? The stock cobra block can already handle a shit load of HP so why not put the 3 grand towards a whipple and gain easily 100+ hp/torque on a conservative tune?

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Why spend 3 grand to gain 40 hp and 40 torque? The stock cobra block can already handle a shit load of HP so why not put the 3 grand towards a whipple and gain easily 100+ hp/torque on a conservative tune?

Good Point...When the shop i take it to pulls the motor..i'll ask them if it would be cheaper to buy and shortblock or fix the stock one...I'm sure fixing the stock one will be cheaper but who knows what will be wrong with my car.
(it's ticking)

:pop:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Seen a few locally and plenty on the Web that are happy with their MMR motors, but I couldn't give you power numbers off the top of my head from displacement alone.

I'm sure the gains would increase with a big power adder. :pepper:

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
^Yeah.....i'm still not sure what i'm going to do...

Do you guys think i should have the shop bore the block .020 over or .030 over if i go that way??????

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
^Yeah.....i'm still not sure what i'm going to do...

Do you guys think i should have the shop bore the block .020 over or .030 over if i go that way??????

.20 over if everything looks ok on your stocker and a nasty set of Pistons and Rods to match :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread