MMR 5.0 stroker 900s or MMR street mod 1000 you pick.

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
I've decided on MMR if I decide to go with a new block, I want to know which one you would get. I dont mind other opinions but my mind is pretty made up on MMR. So basically, if you could only get either one of these, which would it be and why? Im leaning towards the stroker after reading quite a few threads on them. Click products, then shortblocks and scroll half way down...thanks in advance.

Modular Mustang Racing

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
Go with the stroker! It not that much more that the 1000 shortblock.

I agree. Im just seeing if anyone would give reasons as to why they wouldnt choose the stroker. It sounds cool just saying "my cobra is stroked" lol

Chuy

Established Member
I wonder if a stroker would run the same as oem if the cobra was put back to stock (stock eaton and stock tune). Just in case one wanted to sell the cobra.

01trublue cobra

Established Member
I would go with the regular 900, but with the 5.0 boss block. Stock high revving stroke, plus a bigger 3.700 bore to unshroud the valves for more power. If you want you can stroke that to a 5.3L

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
i have a mmr 1000S being built with the boss 302, its being stroked out to the 5.3, go big or go home, and its a unique setup, there aren't many 5.3 liter terminators out there. I know i wont regret it when i fire it up and neither will you!

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
i have a mmr 1000S being built with the boss 302, its being stroked out to the 5.3, go big or go home, and its a unique setup, there aren't many 5.3 liter terminators out there. I know i wont regret it when i fire it up and neither will you!

That sounds sweet, update my thread when you get more info bro. Thanks

03yellow

Established Member
You have 2 really good Svt tuners/ builders in your area. See what they are doing for built motors or what they are building. Bet they would get you better internals for less money. Also it's nice to have someone to go back to if you have issues.
Ie... Send the motor back and we will check it.... Pain!
Saw a guy who had purchased a built motor and was having it tuned at HPP. Something was wrong with the built motor; they kept telling the guy " wish you would have let us do the build".
Also it was a high compression motor that was fighting Boost. I would still avoid a high compression motor.
It's not only nice to have someone local but they have a ton of experience with different builds and know what works.

Last edited:

CobraMac

Established Member
That's an interesting comment, because there is nothing that helps a turbo out more than an longer stroke motor.

very interesting you say that... evo and srt guys stroke their motors when going all out on a big turbo build... why would he not if more ci's = less spool time??

Read up on it in the Turbo Terminator section on modfords...there's a ton of threads on it. I don't feel like typing it all out. Ever wonder why you almost NEVER see the guys with turbo'd terminators and built engines and haven't went with strokers?

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
You have 2 really good Svt tuners/ builders in your area. See what they are doing for built motors or what they are building. Bet they would get you better internals for less money. Also it's nice to have someone to go back to if you have issues.
Saw a guy who had purchased a built motor and was having it tuned at HPP. Something was wrong with the built motor; they kept telling the guy " wish you would have let us do the build".
Also it was a high compression motor that was fighting Boost. I would still avoid a high compression motor.
It's not only nice to have someone local but they have a ton of experience with different builds and know what works.

Very sound advice!

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Read up on it in the Turbo Terminator section on modfords...there's a ton of threads on it. I don't feel like typing it all out. Ever wonder why you almost NEVER see the guys with turbo'd terminators and built engines and haven't went with strokers?
no no, trust me i don't even need to "read up on it" lol. never once did i deny that most turbo cobra guys don't do a stroker motor. the reasons are mostly initial cost(much cheaper to use stock crank and/or rods and upgrade pistons), longer rod length, or worrying about piston pulling out too much of cylinder bore....all very valid reasons. to say though "if you ever plan on turbo'ing your car don't go stroker" is incredibly misleading. a longer stroke helps with lack of out of boost torque, and longer exhaust pulse helps with spool and overall net gains all across the board. i'm not saying everyone go out and buy a stroker motor, just saying that it is actually more "ideal" for a turbo setup.

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member

I can agree with this, nice post. Can you tell me who you are referring to when you mentioned the tuners/builders? You can pm pm if you'd rather it that way. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread