mmr 351r block

venm4u97

Established Member
just upgraded my build with the mmr 351r block....Has anybody done this switch?...I know i have to change a few things like timing chain cover,intake,exhaust maybe....just looking for help on a decent direction to take this build...just need to know everything I have to get to make it happen...currently running a si trim im not sure if that bracket will work or not....any help would be great

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
op- being that it's a 5.4 based block- you'll need all of the components needed for a 5.4 swap. birdman on corral.net sells alot of the components you'll need.

venm4u97

Established Member
I originally had the 5.0 boss block....would of been like a 314 ci 5.15L but changed my mind.....after reading up im not sure if im gonna go that route haha...geez
I think Ill make plenty of power with what I had

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
IMO the 351R 5.4 based block isn't worth the swap.. It's going to cost you more money in the long run imo.. Take the Boss block and stroke it to a 5.3 or 323ci.. That way you can keep all your stuff you have now and it'll be fine.. That's my .02

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
If you're going the 351R route you will need some big headers to take advantage of that size modular motor. Some 1-7/8" lt's will be perfect but will be pricey. Also for the intake you will need either a custom built sheetmetal or go with a new 2012-2013 Boss intake or the Cobra Jet intake. Both of those will require a little work to get them to bolt down but they fit.

Or just go with a big bore stroker 5.3

venm4u97

Established Member
IMO the 351R 5.4 based block isn't worth the swap.. It's going to cost you more money in the long run imo.. Take the Boss block and stroke it to a 5.3 or 323ci.. That way you can keep all your stuff you have now and it'll be fine.. That's my .02

yea your right....the whole motor was paid for and ready to be built....then I got greedy and seen the 351r....with what i had its an 2500 dollar add on...plus everything that I have to get along with it.....

Isn't what I have now considered a stroker? 5.15L 314ci ?

heres the basic run down on the build
10:1 5.0L boss block
4340 Forged Custom 4.75 US Made Forged Crankshaft
4340 5.933 Manley Pro-series I beam Billet Rods w/ARP 2000 Rod bolts
mmr 2500r pistons
Total Seal file fit rings
Clevite Competition series heat treated Rod and Main bearings

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea tech that's a stroker.. It's there 4.75'' stroke.. You can stroke it more though.

Users who are viewing this thread