MMNCPC vs KAM procedure after new clutch installation 2011 Mustang GT 6M

Rios302

Established Member
I had my local shop installed a Stage 3 Exedy clutch and trowout bearing in my 2011 Mustang GT 6M. The flywheel was just resurfaced. Anyways the car felt great for the first week as I went through the break in period, no issues at all.

After the breaking period I was pushing the car a bit past 4k through a few gears when the car started to misfire. The engine light blinked a few times and then it went away. After reading on the forums, I came upon a thread stating that the car needed the "Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile Correction Procedure or MMNPC. After that I went to the dealer and explained them what I needed done, the receptionist quickly requested a technician. As I was explaining to the technician what I needed done, he quickly stated that my car needed the "KAM" reset or Keep Alive Memory reset.

Once again I informed him that I was told that my car needed the Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile Correction Procedure done or MMNPC which was the last step in Ford service manual for clutch installation which required IDS software using a VCM. The technician quickly told me that such process was the same as doing a KAM reset but other technicians call it something else but it was all the same process.

To keep things short, I trusted the technician and let them do the job. I picked up the car a few hours after.

So far I have been driving the car for about 20 miles. the engine light blinked a few times as I took the car to freeway speeds and once again when I pushed the car above 4k during street driving. I am thinking this is all part of the "KAM" learning curve and once the process is done I am sure those problems will disappeared.

However I am still under the impression that after the KAM relearn period my car might still need the "MMNPC" procedure done as it was never performed as requested. Unless Ford incorporated the MMNPC procedure into their "KAM" process I am afraid my issue is yet to be resolved.

If someone can chime in some light in this matter it would be greatly appreciated.

Torchy

Established Member
Do you have a X4 handheld? If so you can do a crank relearn (aka mmnpc) and a KAM reset with it. If not then yeah I believe you will still need it.

Rios302

Established Member
Do you have a X4 handheld? If so you can do a crank relearn (aka mmnpc) and a KAM reset with it. If not then yeah I believe you will still need it.
Did I just wasted $150.00 taking my car to the dealer because as a matter of fact I do have and SCT X4. I feel like an idiot right now. Either way I will be taking my car to the dealer on Monday and let them know they did the wrong process and request for them to have the MMNPC done or my money back. thanks for the help.

Torchy

Established Member
Well live and learn. Try to get your money back but don't have the dealer do a crank relearn because you can do it yourself. No need to pay for it. Also SCT just added that feature not too long ago via an update soo a lot of people still don't know. If your X4 doesn't have it then it needs an update.

Users who are viewing this thread