MMD Hood Strut Install Issues

moot09

Established Member
Hey guys, I just installed my new MMD hood struts just a little bit ago... Seemed like a pretty straight forward install until I went to shut my hood. The struts themselves aren't allowing the hood to shut...at all. With the hood in the down position, the struts sit in the fender valley(?) on each side, just like their instructions list, but it is blocking the hood from lowering into it's regular position. Even with some gentle force, it is still obvious the struts will not allow the hood to clear.

I read around a bit but could only find 05+ related issues and they were adjustment issues. I do not see where there is available adjustment with these, I could be wrong but I can't find it:??:

If anyone has had this issue or related issue what did you find?

Thanks!

10sec89

Established Member
Are the struts on the right way, not sure if that matters or not ,but you can see in this picture the way mine face.
1016213_10153017815260177_1570741977_n.jpg

moot09

Established Member
Thanks for the pic. Mine looks just like that. I even went as far as flipping the struts but that didnt work either.

I have to be missing something here.

Jefe

Established Member
Get some pics up. They might have sent you the wrong struts. Check with the seller on the part #?

Users who are viewing this thread