MM Subframe install???

02RedLightning

Established Member
For those who have installed the Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors on their Cobra's did the transmission support brace have to be notched on both sides for it to fit? I ask because mine came today and I was reading the instructions and on the very back page it said Notables for Cobra: Notch passanger and driver side transmission support brace. Then weld it to the subframes. Did everyone using these have to do that?? I don't know if that is such a good idea??

Thanks for any help!

bborder

Established Member
I watched the installation of mine and there was no such notching of anything that I could see.

Bosko

Established Member
NO.... I had the MM FULL LENGTHS put on my car at the muffler shop and they didnt do that... I remember seing that in the instructions also....

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/instructions/MMFL-3.pdf

I belive its for the PRE 2003 Cobras with the diffrent trans/crossmember set up maybe.? (PRE 2003 Cobra)

HEY BBORDER!!! I was at Galpin Ford Fathers Day sunday in the back by the service bays looking at all the cobras and machs hiding in the back.. In the distance I think I saw your car parked half way in the service bay? Was it your car?

Last edited:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
The notch was pre-03 like said before. Nothing needs to be cut or modified to install the subframes just make sure you bring it to a place with a drive-on lift.

Users who are viewing this thread