MM strut bar will clear the C&L intake pipe.

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
Awhile back i did alot of researching and diggin around to see if the MM strut bar would clear the C&L intake pipe. Did not find any help. I took a chance and ordered the bar and had it powdercoated, It does fit for anyone that cares.
Latestpics005.jpg

black 10th vert

Established Member
Nice, thanks for posting. I had to do some serious fab work to my Steeda to get it to clear the C+L.

black 10th vert

Established Member
It mounts almost exactly the same way as yours (in fact the brackets look like they were made by the same company). The difference is in the way the cross tube is bent.

20psirabbit

Established Member
thanks for posting that hwy king :beer: i've searched for info on these bars in the past too only to find no info at all :(
did you notice a difference in the car with it at all?

20psirabbit

Established Member
nice! i could stand to lose a bit of dash rattle and cowl shake in my vert. did you install it yourself? the install looks like a bit of a PITA from the instructions.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Well, I may have to get the MM bar after all! I tried to fit my modified Steeda back on yesterday, after installing the new Dragon TB/plenum, and there is no way I can use the C+L with the Steeda now. The Dragon setup changes the angle of the plenum (raises it up) so that the IAC will clear the valve cover, since that is on the underside with this setup.
HwyKng, would you mind taking some measurements for me? I'd like to have the distance from the top of the bracket plate that is on top of the tower, to the underside of the cross brace tube. This way I can mock it up to see if that bar will clear my new setup. For now, I'll just put the stock plastic tube back on, and hopefully that will clear.

thanks, Brian

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
I dont keep my car at my house. Its stashed at my parents house 35miles away. As soon as i get down there i will get those specs to you.

mitrls10

"Torqued Motorsports"
Established Member
I have the Steeda 3 point brace as well and I had to shim it with a few washers to clear the c & l pipe..

black 10th vert

Established Member
I dont keep my car at my house. Its stashed at my parents house 35miles away. As soon as i get down there i will get those specs to you.

Thanks! Whenever you get the chance will be fine.;-) I just switched to the stock intake setup for now, just to get it back together, but I would definitely like to see if the MM will clear, because I'll pick one up to replace the Steeda, so I can put the C+L back on. I have WAY too much work into the pipe to NOT use it! I ported, and fully polished it - inside, and out. Should flow very well with my new ported and polished Dragon setup.

Users who are viewing this thread