MM Panhard Bar install Fox body?

jhein2580

Established Member
Did a search for this and did not find anything so I will try a post to see what input all of you all have.

Bought a new Maximum Motorsports panhard bar and the instructions look complex. I was wondering if there is someone out there that has a nice post of a walkthrough with pictures to help me? The instructions that came with it are good but the more information the better before I start taking the car apart and drilling holes.

Please let me know if anyone has some good info.

Thanks

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Bishop said:
and how long have you had that waiting to go on your car??? :lol: ;)

You know me, being the speedy individual that I am - only since about November. :) :lol:

I like to build up a stockpile of parts, then stretch the install out over a couple of years... :)

unibager

Established Member
I installed mine on my Cobra, and I know you are looking for step by step instructions and pictures, but be assured that the three parts that the kit consist of really only fit well in one place. In other words - its hard to screw up. The main bar fits against the specified notches, or it doesnt. I would bolt it in like I did, and the have it welded when you are sure it is right. Good luck, and trust in the fact that the hardest part is getting a buddy to mark the holes while you hold the main support in place. Good luck - you'll be fine.

jhein2580

Established Member
I have noticed two people mention I should weld this unit in and it has me wondering: Are we all talking about the Maximum Motorsports panhard bar or some other panhard bar? If I look at the link from 9T3SVT, the instructuions are not for a Maximum motorsport kit.
Of course I understand the welds are much better than bolts for stiffening up your ride but the MM kit looks very strong and there are some monster bolts that tie it all together.
Any opinions out there that welding is a must for this style panhard bar? I plan to bolt her up this weekend and I will try to make a small walk through for anyone interested.

jhein2580

Established Member
How did the install of the panhard bar go you ask?

Well lets just say "a 1/4 to a 1/2 inch might not seem like much to most people, but when your tailpipe is in the way it make a world of problems."

Yep there is some clearance issues on my car because of location my exhaust. I have confidence that original OEM exhaust does not have this problem, but my car has Flowmaster muffler's welded in so it is off by about 1/2 inch.

I put everything back together and will finish this another day. I will let you all know when I am complete. Should be sweet when it is finished.

later

Users who are viewing this thread