MM&FF Mach1 S/C

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
This months issue on MM&FF the have a spotlight on a Mach1 wtih a Vortech S/C.

Only made 435rwhp & 404rwtq....there abouts.

What was very surprising is the MPH it was trapping.
Slicks Tiers 120mph at 11.9xx
Street Tires ?????? at 12.3xx

Thats pretty impressive but im sure the ET in Cali wont even come close to that.

Well it doesnt help that our buddy Mr T. wont spill the beans.

:shrug:

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Dave was it a white Mach? It just may be T's car...probably why he has had to keep it on the D.L.... :shrug:

Only 435 RWHP? :lol1: Likely it's tuned for production and not a custom tune...and if it is T's...it's running on our crap California 91 gas :cuss:

Word from those in the know say Vortech/Paxton S/C Mach on Cali 91 would be around 430-450 RWHP...so that sounds right...

HP limited only by fuel quality issues...500 RWHP tune on 100 octane race gas is completely doable...:eek:

Hmmmm....Flip Chip? :idea:

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
OK sooo, thats NOT mine. IT's just an 01 cobra kit and the guy just had some mailorder place burn him a chip. It's not an official Mach kit compelte. I also don't think the shaker works. That time is on drag radials. Not very impressive. The HP is down(i agree) especially considering thats east coast gas. Besides we know everything in CA is always slower from some reason. Mine will debut soon. I WILL let you guys know!

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Not sure if I'd refer to Dennis Reinhart as "some mailorder place":rollseyes Dennis has a rather distinquished resume and is very well respected in most Ford high performance circles.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Hey Cam.....remember we dont like Mr T. :dw:

SELFISH :p

Nah its a Black one.......i remember reading the word slicks or drag radials :shrug: I know i read it this morning when i was not under the influance :rolleyes:

435hp only........ :eek:

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
Originally posted by TR03Mach1
Not sure if I'd refer to Dennis Reinhart as "some mailorder place":rollseyes Dennis has a rather distinquished resume and is very well respected in most Ford high performance circles.

Yeah yeah yeah... I know. I was quoting a friend when i posted that. I didn't actually GET the article until after I posted that. I know Dennis well and know what he can do. He tuned a number of custom cars that no one else could get right!

Cam... That hp makes sense with out the cooler. The cooler is usually at least 40hp+ so that seems about right, however I'm sure the east coast tune Dennis gave him is better then the off the shelf tune I have, but mine is safer then hell ;-)

David. Cam and Tomcat like me.. I shared with my fellow Mach Brethern. It must be a Cobra thing:p Besides, I know it was pointed out before but don't you have your OWN forum to hang out in :bash: j/k hehe:p

:beer:

cmylxgo

Established Member
I make 442 hp to the tires through my Automatic with a ProCharger P1SC. The car makes 9psi and runs on pump gas and I put over 500 (hard) miles a week on the car. On street tires I have run 12.05 @ 120mph. I have tried stock rubber, Drag Radials, and ET Streets. Regardless of the tires I use the car will only 60ft in the 1.97-2.00 range. On radials the car blows the tires off and its hard to control the tire spin with the 4.30s and the boost. On ET streets the car bogs off the line...even on the transbrake. All the above times have been done with the stock converter. I will be installing a 9.5" conveter from Lentech in the morning and hope to bust deep into the 11s next week.

-Corey

FYI..The Procharger kit has a functional shaker and will be available in the next few weeks.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
did you guys notice on the first page it says "there were many who said it couldn't be done" Why did MM&FF say that? Why in the heck could supercharger NOT be put on the mach 1?

cmylxgo

Established Member
No idea...but there are alot of Mach 1 owners that say my motor isnt gonna last and that they would never put a blower on their cars. You also have the guys that say if you wanted a blower you should of bought an 03 Cobra.

I say BAH! I wanted a 4v automatic with a live axle with boost. Thats why I bought the Mach instead of the Cobra.

-Corey

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Originally posted by cmylxgo

FYI..The Procharger kit has a functional shaker and will be available in the next few weeks.
Corey...when you say the shaker is "functional"...does that mean it's still drawing air... but the primary intake is the fenderwell?

What would be SWEET would be using the shaker as the only intake on a blown Mach...:D The sound of the air whistling through the shaker on its way to the blower...screaming at WOT [/end drool]

Kevin...because the are the usual assortment of naysayers and wet blankets out there...I agree with Corey....BAH!

and just cause the Cobra is factory blown why should it be the only way to have a supercharged Mustang...? That's just lame...

A blown Mach...F*in SWEET!...and I would still love to buy a used Bullitt...they are cheap nowadays...and mod & supercharge it :thumbsup: Miles Cook from Mustang Monthly put a Novi in his and is running 400 rwhp...:burnout:

cmylxgo

Established Member
The shaker will dump air on the air filter like it does from the factory. The setup looks alot different but the functionality is the same. When I get the final molded piece I'll take a pic and post it.

-Corey

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
L.B. - I see what you mean. But I just couldn't help but laugh when I read that. I think MM&FF is trying to make the article seem more interesting or something. Think about it, how many 99-01 cobras are supercharged? A whole bunch. There may be a couple internal differences between the 01cobra and mach1 but that wouldnt make supercharging it any different?

Anyway, it was still a cool article and the car ran great.

Captain Hook

Established Member
I dont understand why it's taking so long to release a Mach 1 specific kit since the kit is basically the cobra kit. I would have bought the cobra kit a long time ago but was waiting on the tune for the machs. I'm sure its different (slightly) due to a few differences. :shrug:

cmylxgo

Established Member
There were a few major items that are different between the 99/01 Cobras and the Machs. The coolant bypass is totaly different and that had to be fabricated from scratch. Also the removal of the cast Shaker support bracket had to be redesigned to clear the blower. And the last part which seems to be taking the longest is the new tube for the shaker.

If you wanted to...you could of used a Cobra kit if and make your own parts. I removed the front shaker bracket for weight savings. IMHO I dont think it even needs to be on the car.

-Corey

rmoreau

Established Member
WOW CAM!! That would bee sooo bitchin if the shaker would be only the main.....and maybe a NOVI 2000 S/C ? ...mmmm...it would need a custom filter to fit in there......

:)

Randy......Catching the XMP flu

Users who are viewing this thread