MM&FF did a low 12's run in the GT 500

RPK04Terminator

Just got my MM&FF and Even Smith ran a best time of 12.25 @ 117.18 stock! 03/04 Cobra times 12.67 @ 110. "I can feel this an 11-sec car with gears" and "one should go 10's in the quarter-mile with minimal bolt-ons".

Fourcam330

Established Member
That 12.25@117 was with a 2.11 short time ladies and gents. Others have cut 1.85 60's so far. Being that every tenth loped off the 60' typically equates to ~.15+ in the 1/4, well, you do the math.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
i have a feeling that there will be quite a few 11 second bone stock passes once the weather cools off...a tune, full exhaust and a cai should net 11.50's or better in the hands of a capible driver as well...

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
That 12.25@117 was with a 2.11 short time ladies and gents. Others have cut 1.85 60's so far. Being that every tenth loped off the 60' typically equates to ~.15+ in the 1/4, well, you do the math.
+1 :read:

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
I have to tell you guys, I know I am in the minority here, but I just don't give a sh*t how fast it is.

I know it is bada** I just don't have the fire in the belly I had for my 94 V6, 99GT and 03 Cobra. I had to have those cars. This one I am just watching and yes I am happy that it is a performer but the car doesn't do it for me.

That being said, my 455rwhp won't be enough for long if at all. I smell a whipple in my future.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
sawman70 said:
I have to tell you guys, I know I am in the minority here, but I just don't give a sh*t how fast it is.

I know it is bada** I just don't have the fire in the belly I had for my 94 V6, 99GT and 03 Cobra. I had to have those cars. This one I am just watching and yes I am happy that it is a performer but the car doesn't do it for me.

That being said, my 455rwhp won't be enough for long if at all. I smell a whipple in my future.
if you don't give a shit how fast it is, why did you come to the shelby section of this site and type that post? :shrug:

:D

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
That's awesome! Here's what I was coming up with a while back.
25738-shelby-gt-500-terminates-the-terminator-simulated-time-slip.jpg

10.5secAWDTALON

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
So...Evan runs a crappy 2.11 60 FT but does the best ET at 12.25 and others run a great 1.85 60 ft but only ET 12.7ish??? What did I miss here? :shrug:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
10.5secAWDTALON said:
So...Evan runs a crappy 2.11 60 FT but does the best ET at 12.25 and others run a great 1.85 60 ft but only ET 12.7ish??? What did I miss here? :shrug:
there is this thing that people do in manual transmission cars that occur after the 60' mark...it's called a shift. It happens when one places their left foot on the pedal closest to the outside of the car (first one on the left), the depress that pedal while at the same time take the shift handle (middle of the car near the radio) and go from the click that is first gear (top left) and then move the shifter to second gear (bottom left); at that time they release the clutch pedal and continue to accelerate; then you proceed to do the same thing for third (top middle, there are 4 gears to select from on the top, this is the second one from the left) and fourth gear (bottom middle).

Some people are more talented in performing this task...meaning that they can move the shifter and coordinate the clutch pedal better than others, thus lowering the ET (elapsed time, the time it takes a vehicle to travel from a dead stop until it's destination...most tracks record 60', 330', 660', 1000' and 1320'). Also some people chose to power shift (keeping right foot planted on the gas pedal [the one all the way to the right, closest to the center of the car] while changing clutching and changing the gear all simultaneously), which more so lowers the ET (see above) over a casual speed shift (lifting off the throttle between shifts, while clutching and changing gears at the same time) or granny shift (completely lifting off the throttle, then clutch, then shift, then back on the throttle). In a car of this horsepower a proper power shift can make 5-8 tenths difference...the more powerful the car the more difference it makes.

I personally have gained 3 tenths in the 1/8th mile in my stock terminator on the same day, back to back runs just from changing from speed shifting to power shifting (8.5 to an 8.2).

/sarcasm off :D

Last edited:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
there is this thing that people do in manual transmission cars that occur after the 60' mark...it's called a shift. It happens when one places their left foot on the pedal closest to the outside of the car (first one on the left), the depress that pedal while at the same time take the shift handle (middle of the car near the radio) and go from the click that is first gear (top left) and then move the shifter to second gear (bottom left); at that time they release the clutch pedal and continue to accelerate; then you proceed to do the same thing for third (top middle, there are 4 gears to select from on the top, this is the second one from the left) and fourth gear (bottom middle).

Some people are more talented in performing this task...meaning that they can move the shifter and coordinate the clutch pedal better than others, thus lowering the ET (elapsed time, the time it takes a vehicle to travel from a dead stop until it's destination...most tracks record 60', 330', 660', 1000' and 1320'). Also some people chose to power shift (keeping right foot planted on the gas pedal [the one all the way to the right, closest to the center of the car] while changing clutching and changing the gear all simultaneously), which more so lowers the ET (see above) over a casual speed shift (lifting off the throttle between shifts, while clutching and changing gears at the same time) or granny shift (completely lifting off the throttle, then clutch, then shift, then back on the throttle). In a car of this horsepower a proper power shift can make 5-8 tenths difference...the more powerful the car the more difference it makes.

I personally have gained 3 tenths in the 1/8th mile in my stock terminator on the same day, back to back runs just from changing from speed shifting to power shifting (8.5 to an 8.2).

/sarcasm off :D

:lol:

great post :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread