MM CC plate install

I8URZ28

gas mileage is overrated!
Established Member
I am getting ready to lower my car finally, going with H&R race springs, MMFLSFC's and MM CC plates for starters 18 in wheels yada,yada

--THe question I have is how hard are the MM CC plates to install? I have read the instructions at MM's website and the only thing that makes me nervous is drilling that 4th hole. That seems like something that could easily be F'd up. So for those who installed their own, how hard was it. I am no mechanic but am mechanically inclined

Thanks

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
It's not hard at all.

MM's instructions are very good as they include a template to help you locate where that fourth hole needs to be in order for the C/C plates to bolt up to the car. I too was a little leery of putting a huge hole in the top of my shock towers but the step by step guide along with the template makes this project almost idiot proof.

Just take your time and measure twice before drilling. :beer:

346CamaroSS

Established Member
It's not hard at all.

MM's instructions are very good as they include a template to help you locate where that fourth hole needs to be in order for the C/C plates to bolt up to the car. I too was a little leery of putting a huge hole in the top of my shock towers but the step by step guide along with the template makes this project almost idiot proof.

Just take your time and measure twice before drilling. :beer:

this.... it's not hard

I8URZ28

gas mileage is overrated!
Established Member
Great thanks for the quick replys ..yea the 4th hole is the only thing that looked remotely challenging in the instructions but "almost idiot proof" is what I like to hear LOL :beer:

froggerlives07

Established Member
I just installed these myself yesterday. It was not hard at all. But I do recommend air tools for the top strut nut. It was a pain using hand tools to get off.lol But it can be done. Also the strut never really comes out enough to slide the stock dust boot so I just cut off the plastic dust boot since they are not needed (stock dust boots not the supplied ones). The drilling of the 4th hole wasn't bad at all just make sure you measure.

Users who are viewing this thread