MM CC plate install ?

graffix50

SVTP
Established Member
Just installed my MM CC plates and have a couple questions.

Did you install the bearing plate in the positive or negative orientation? I installed in positive orientation and after the alignment they are both pegged negative.

Did you use the urethane bump stop and attach the dust cover?
MM tech line said I should delete the dust cover and don't need the bump stop due to the bilsteins.

I have steeda 03 sport springs and about a 1inch drop all the way around.

I think something is still not right. I had it out on the interstate and I think I'm pulling to the right @ high speed. Any one recommends a good alignment shop in S. Florida? If not any chains shops better than the rest?

Ps. The pic is of the passenger side.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I have mine in the negative orientation. Your plates are in positive orientation, but they are aligned at the negative most position. You don't need to use the urethane bump stop with Biltein shocks they have an internal bump stop. The dust cover is not needed and should not be used. I have coil-overs so I can't have either on my car. Make sure you have your car aligned so that both sides are symmetric. Some shops will set the passenger side different then the driver side to account for road crown and it drives me nuts set-up that way.

The best alignment shop around is at 441 and I-595 I will need to find his card. Every performance shop I know in the area recommends him as the best.

graffix50

SVTP
Established Member
Re: Re: MM CC plate install ?

Originally posted by toofast4u

The best alignment shop around is at 441 and I-595 I will need to find his card. Every performance shop I know in the area recommends him as the best.

If you could get me his name or # that would be great.

Do you think I should switch to the neg. orientation or just take it to this guy and see what he recommends?

Thanks for the info.

graffix50

SVTP
Established Member
Originally posted by RedfireVenom
Did you get a four wheel alignment? I'll take pictures of mine when I get home today or tomorrow.

I did get a 4 wheel alignment but have no confidence it the tech who did it. I need to go to a good/reputable place.

post your pics when you get a chance.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Originally posted by graffix50
I installed in positive orientation and after the alignment they are both pegged negative.
Mine are the same way. The wheels seem to be at 0 camber. I'm going to switch them to the negative position and see how much more thay will move. At first I though I had drilled the 4th hole in the wrong place but I checked and they were right on as per the instructions.

graffix50

SVTP
Established Member
Redfire, Do you have coilovers or standard springs?

I think I will change mine to the neg. orientation and take it to a good shop.

Users who are viewing this thread